My Battle of the Bulge

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It may have just been one more pound, but a major milestone has been met today.

Happy 50th pound lost. First target achieved :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here is something to go along with all the previous post. We or should I say X2 will be starting this Monday. I have the extra car key and door key on me , as they say, in to day 3 I may need them,,,just in case.Juicing: ?Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead? ? Two Years On

That's a pretty nice juicer he has, mine never worked that good, I may have to give juicing another try :)

For the last 2 1/2 weeks I did something I have not done before. Due to the cold weather, I left my digital scale at home as I noticed it was freezing up some and did not want to ruin it. I normally weigh myself everyday. For me this keeps me in check, and also to monitor if I am losing too much weight too fast. I didn't really like not knowing my current weight. In the past when I didn't take my scale I would come home thinking I lost some weight, only to find I didn't lose any. For me daily weighing helps. I probably have become a little obsessed over weighing, but what ever works.

This past week I came down with a bad cold on the road, and did up my calories. I was a little (ok a lot) worried about about how much it set me back. At the weigh in I did manage to lose 2.5 pounds. Down 52.5 pounds now going into the holidays. My goal for December is 5 pounds, so I still can pull that off especially being home for the rest of the year.

The Subway special:
As you know, I love subway. And this months $5 special Chipotle Chicken and Cheese is my new favorite. I absolutely love it. Toasted or heated with a lot of Chipotle sauce (before heating), yummy. I was excited to try the big hot pastrami. What a let done, nothing like the nice slices they advertise. From every subway I've been at so far, it looks like bottom of the barrel chopped up scraps. At the places that did have a little bigger pieces of pastrami it contained so much fat it was very unappealing. This sub was definitely a one and done.

Wishing you all a Happy Holidays :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Merry Christmas :)

Will be heading over to my daughters in a bit. Wearing something I have not wore in a long time. A dress shirt and tie this year. Being now at my lowest weight in over 3 years now, the shirt
collar doesn't feel like I'm being choked lol. I guess that's my present to myself :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Time for a song,

On the 8th day of Christmas my scale gave to me, 8 pounds of weight gain :(

My Christmas break has been harder then expected. Old bad eating habits have crept back in. Late night movie/eating events have been my biggest down fall. I really need to buckle down and get back on track. Gifts of high calorie foods (if they can be classified as food) have not helped matters. Even though I'm guilty of doing this myself, I'm wondering why people give these types of gifts to people who are trying to lose weight :rolleyes:

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A friend of mine many years ago did this: 16 oz of water before each meal( start early on the water), then no taters, and no bread and it worked, but everyone is different. Me, I somehow got a different dna code, I eat everything and not much changes, I know , its not fair....
Had a friend like that 3 to 4 snicker bars for life without weight gain then in his mid seventies he had to have a quad heart bypass. I guess there is no free lunch even in health care.:D:D

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hope you get back on track soon. New year? My problem is that I really don't start showing weight until I go over 300 lbs. By that time it's almost too much. I graduated Navy Boot Camp in 1961 at 225 lbs and I looked like a prisoner coming out of a camp.:)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy New Year! Thankfully the Holidays are done for a while. This last week has been a roller coaster of weight gain and loss. Up 7.4 pounds since I hit my low on 12/22. Pretty frustrating trying to get back on track. Hope you had a good one :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy New Year! Thankfully the Holidays are done for a while. This last week has been a roller coaster of weight gain and loss. Up 7.4 pounds since I hit my low on 12/22. Pretty frustrating trying to get back on track. Hope you had a good one :)

been off OOS a month tomorrow.... up about 7-8 lbs too....but that should be gone again by the end of January....not going to panic just keep plugging along

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After having shed my holiday pounds, I began taking a closer look at the past.

The Roller Coaster of Weight Life:

Looking over the last 4 years of my weight journey, it has been a roller coaster ride to be sure. What I found more interesting is how I could plug in key life events as the catalyst for the events to start. For me, I was affected most by unemployment, death, increased money, and shame.

Good, bad, or indifferent, life events can play a large part in keeping us on track or derailing everything if we let it. The last 7 months I have been on track, with the occasional unexpected stop off. But now I am more cautiously looking for what’s around the next turn and how to handle it better.

Happy New Year to all :)

Weight Loss Events.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My wife thinks she's a comedian. When I told her how many pounds I'd lost, she asked, "How many until you're gone?".....

7887.jpg

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
A great alternative to a juicer is the " Nutri-Bullit. They are very compact, and there is no waste as everythng gets pulverized in the container. Clean up is just rinsing the blender cup. I kept a cooler with ice for the fruits and veggies. Also used whole nuts and flax seed. I initially lost 40 lbs. Then, i got off the routine for a while.
I now drink Naked juices, and watch what I eat. Since starting with the nakeds, I've lost another 20 lbs.. I've lost 60 lbs, and do not excersise...yet. I can't tell you how great I feel. lots of energy, and I don't get sleepy behind the wheel.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A great alternative to a juicer is the " Nutri-Bullit. They are very compact, and there is no waste as everythng gets pulverized in the container. Clean up is just rinsing the blender cup. I kept a cooler with ice for the fruits and veggies. Also used whole nuts and flax seed. I initially lost 40 lbs. Then, i got off the routine for a while.
I now drink Naked juices, and watch what I eat. Since starting with the nakeds, I've lost another 20 lbs.. I've lost 60 lbs, and do not excersise...yet. I can't tell you how great I feel. lots of energy, and I don't get sleepy behind the wheel.

I'm not familiar with naked juices are you using them to supplemental a meal?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

And THEN..we were watching a Nat Geo special from Alaska...on the show they came upon a big Grizzlie.....I said to the wife...wonder in an open field we'd never out run that bear?....to which the wife replied...
" I don't have to outrun the bear...I only have to outrun YOU!!!!.....:eek:

I am seeing a trend here.....LOL

robh2

Veteran Expediter
Your marriage is your demise. lol... J/k. I can say that, my wife does not read these forums. :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
During the last 30+ days my weight looks like a bell curve. Too many splurges for "special occasions". Football, birthday parties, etc. In the end, I'm still happy with the results. Ending the curve with 2.4 pounds lost. Nothing to get excited about considering how long it took, but it did allow me to take joy in now weighing in at 209 pounds for a total weight loss to date of 61 pounds :)