My Battle of the Bulge

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
211.4 now....1.2 lbs less of me......come on RT you started this thread....get back on the horse....:)

Ok OVM, I'm back on the horse (again). Feels strange posting weight loss that I had already lost but found. But if it gives me any boost I'll take it. After all that is why I started this thread. And I can't have you weighing less then me haha. At least not yet
After a weight gain to 222.4 weighed in today at 212.6 now to stay on the saddle.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
photo_zps5cc334cc.jpg

...............................:p

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Damage Report:

The last 6 months have not been kind. I can only blame myself for letting my weight spiral out of control. A slow process that creeps up on you, until you look at yourself one day and say, WTH happened to you.

6 months ago I hit a record low weight of 194 with my target of 185 in sight. My doctor called me his poster boy for weight loss. Today I weighed in 43 pounds heavier at 237, and yes I saw the 240's recently. I think seeing that was a well needed wake up call. Even though I could still conceal my weight gain with clothing, the scale won't lie to you. Nor will the pain in my knees that has returned with the added weight.

Today I found some motivation from an unlikely post right here on EO. The 5 min Plank Challenge. I tried it, I only lasted for 1 min. But something strange happened as a result. It made me want to exercise more and do my 1 mile walk routine. Checking my Last Time app, I was pretty shocked to see that the last time I did it was 191 days ago, or any significant exercise for that matter :eek:

So I did it, and it felt great! Now my challenge is to keep it going. This is the most I've felt motivated in, well sadly 6 months, but I'm ready for it. I may have lost a battle along the way, but there is still a war to be won :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the update!.....only YOU can make it happen buddy...

1 stent....$60,000 to $100,000 have a good plan?

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Watching your calorie intake is important but physicalactivity added to your diet plan or just wanting a change to healthier living will help a lot.
When I started this career I learned that staying active wasgoing to take some effort. I tried different things I could do in and around the truck or walking but when the cold months set in so does
cabin fever. Got to get out andmove.

I then started going to gyms in the areas I was in. But to go one time is paying top $$. When I did a search on gym membership of agym that was in every port none of the fancy newer gyms were consistently available. While searching I discovered that the YMCA iseverywhere, or close to.
What a life saver it has been for me.

I mostly do cardio workout and a bit of strengthtraining. But sometimes I go just go to hop in the Jacuzzi or a swim and or just a hot shower.
There is an app for smart phones for locations and what amenities are available.
I have yet to find a parking area that has not allowed mytruck to fit. I just inform the frontdesk its mine as I flash my membership badge.
Another great thing about the “Y” is that it is occupied by people of all age’s shapes and sizes.

Maybe I’ll see one of you there one day.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Damage Report Part 2

After falling so bad off the wagon that I can't find the wheel tracks, I had my 6 month follow up with my Dr. today.

Gained 30 more pounds, Blood pressure up, dosage doubled to what it was before. None of that came as a surprise. What did knock me for a loop was my fasting blood sugar results. Not only did I surge back deep into the prediabetes area, My number puts me at having diabetes :eek:

If I ever needed more motivation and a good kick in the butt, to get back on track, there it is. My doctor hesitantly, gave me 3 months to get this back under control on my own. My back is against the wall now, no more excuses. The battle is back on!

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry to hear the results were less than expected, but like you said, you now have the motivation to get back on track. Every time you start to lose focus of your goal, think about that doc visit. Good luck

Reactions: RoadTime

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The Damage Report Part 2

After falling so bad off the wagon that I can't find the wheel tracks, I had my 6 month follow up with my Dr. today.

Gained 30 more pounds, Blood pressure up, dosage doubled to what it was before. None of that came as a surprise. What did knock me for a loop was my fasting blood sugar results. Not only did I surge back deep into the prediabetes area, My number puts me at having diabetes :eek:

If I ever needed more motivation and a good kick in the butt, to get back on track, there it is. My doctor hesitantly, gave me 3 months to get this back under control on my own. My back is against the wall now, no more excuses. The battle is back on!

Hopefully the spring time helps motivate you and gives you more energy as you enjoy the sun. I always notice a big change as winter ends and spring begins. You can always hold yourself accountable by posting in here every week or even every day about how it is going. You did it once so you know it can be done.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully the spring time helps motivate you and gives you more energy as you enjoy the sun. I always notice a big change as winter ends and spring begins. You can always hold yourself accountable by posting in here every week or even every day about how it is going. You did it once so you know it can be done.

Yeah, I think that's the only reason my Dr let me walk out with no medical intervention at this time. He knows what I can and have done when I'm motivated. A part of me doesn't want to let him down either. I could tell he was really struggling with letting this go on longer. I just hope it's not too late, and the weight loss will be enough to correct the diabetes issue.