Cargo Van My 2015 Ford Transit

BigBadBen

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Figured I'd open a topic explaining everything about my transit. First. I get 16.5 mpg(gasser). Payload is 3500 after me and my belongings. Can fit 3 pallets with a couple inches to spare. I run a big buddy heater and just a fan in the summer. No generator. Small inverter only for a laptop and electric cooler. 93k miles and NO problems so far. The seats are comfortable and I got the backup cam, GPS and most of the extras. I cook etc with gas. Im sure I missed some things you guys would like to know. Let me know if you have any questions.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One more question, why does you profile under your avatar state that your vehicle is a 2015 Sprinter Van? Is it because the MB Sprinter name carries more cachet than Furd Transom?

Reactions: Treadmill

BigBadBen

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
One more question, why does you profile under your avatar state that your vehicle is a 2015 Sprinter Van? Is it because the MB Sprinter name carries more cachet than Furd Transom?
when i flew through the profile i threw sprinter on, i generally use the word "sprinter" for any type of sprinter type cargo van. Good looking out though, i'll get it changed.

Reactions: Moot and Treadmill

Bbayah

New Recruit
Researching
Hi all i am researching on which Ford van to buy and also equipment to add on like bed,heater,and all what i need to start expediting. Any information on this will help. Thank you.

Reactions: Treadmill

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I have a 2015 Transit 350 Long & Tall. I've had a few issues but nothing major (except for mistake made by me). Right now @509,421 miles w/ 3.5 Ecoboost.

I'll pass along the advice that was given to me 5 years ago. Buy the longest & tallest you can afford because, in addition to being able to haul 3 skids, you will spend a lot of time inside and every inch of living space is important.

Finally, do A LOT of research before you chose a van.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi all i am researching on which Ford van to buy and also equipment to add on like bed,heater,and all what i need to start expediting. Any information on this will help. Thank you.
I have a 2015 Transit 350 long and tall EcoBoost for sale. Set up for expedite. Send me your email address and I will send pictures and discuss further. The only reason I am selling is health problems due to blood clots. One ended up in my right lung and I was close to checking out of this world. My email address is [email protected]

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2015 Transit 350 long and tall EcoBoost for sale. Set up for expedite. Send me your email address and I will send pictures and discuss further. The only reason I am selling is health problems due to blood clots. One ended up in my right lung and I was close to checking out of this world. My email address is [email protected]
My bad...it's a 2016...not 2015

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2015 Transit 350 Long & Tall. I've had a few issues but nothing major (except for mistake made by me). Right now @509,421 miles w/ 3.5 Ecoboost.

I'll pass along the advice that was given to me 5 years ago. Buy the longest & tallest you can afford because, in addition to being able to haul 3 skids, you will spend a lot of time inside and every inch of living space is important.

Finally, do A LOT of research before you chose a van.

You FORGOT a major detail out .. he needs to find out before buying a Van..
1. A Reputable Carrier that's hiring Vans..
2. Find an Insurance company that will cover him/her ..
3 Now figure up Costs before a "Van " payment .. is there Enough Money left over to Even Consider this Business...?
4. Now think about Buying Van..

" LOAD 1 "

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I wouldn't give up driving because of blood clots. I had my entire right leg clotted up and what they call large saddle PE. The only other clot that is bigger than this is a massive saddle PE. The difference between the two is not the size of the clots but based off of symptoms. I was all clotted up and no symptoms except I could not walk on my right leg. They never even suspected the ones in the lungs for a day or two into my hospital stay. If you stay on blood thinners and use compression socks, you can definitely be protected when driving. Have you been tested for genetic clotting disorders? It's good to know what you're dealing with when it comes to clots. I might drive again, scared to, but with meds should be no problems. I have a new philosophy. We're all gonna die eventually, so why not die doing what you love to do. I'd rather have a few good years on the road than 20 more cooped up in some office some where.

Bbayah

New Recruit
Researching
A reputable carrier has been found, which covers the insurance as well.
So my concern is which van to buy?
Do i need a sleeper added to it?

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't give up driving because of blood clots. I had my entire right leg clotted up and what they call large saddle PE. The only other clot that is bigger than this is a massive saddle PE. The difference between the two is not the size of the clots but based off of symptoms. I was all clotted up and no symptoms except I could not walk on my right leg. They never even suspected the ones in the lungs for a day or two into my hospital stay. If you stay on blood thinners and use compression socks, you can definitely be protected when driving. Have you been tested for genetic clotting disorders? It's good to know what you're dealing with when it comes to clots. I might drive again, scared to, but with meds should be no problems. I have a new philosophy. We're all gonna die eventually, so why not die doing what you love to do. I'd rather have a few good years on the road than 20 more cooped up in some office some where.
Are you driving again?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
A reputable carrier has been found, which covers the insurance as well.
So my concern is which van to buy?
Do i need a sleeper added to it?
Van expeditors are knot having a consistent experience with staying busy. Many do well, most get by, but a lot are starving. Right now, as far as what you need to add to van, whatever you can afford but nothing you can't!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van expeditors are knot having a consistent experience with staying busy. Many do well, most get by, but a lot are starving. Right now, as far as what you need to add to van, whatever you can afford but nothing you can't!

In other words, 25% are doing well, 50% are getting by and 25% are starving. Sounds about right to me. Lol

Reactions: Worn Out Manager