My 2015 Ford Transit Experience

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
I don't have a Transit yet but have been talking to a guy I know that drives a 2015 extended and highest roof 1 ton dually rear end. He hauls 3 pallets of bottled water and 2500 lb skids of softener salt. It has new diesel and said it drives like a car but when he drives in deep slush or soft wet roads the motor bogs way down and has very little power. So far averages 14.6 mpg but does equal Amy of city and highway deliveries. There is enough space between wheel wells for pallets. Is this type of performance others are getting also?

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have Eco boost 6. Single rear wheels. High roof extended length. I have not experienced those issues in those conditions. I avg 16.5 mpg.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I don't have a Transit yet but have been talking to a guy I know that drives a 2015 extended and highest roof 1 ton dually rear end. He hauls 3 pallets of bottled water and 2500 lb skids of softener salt. It has new diesel and said it drives like a car but when he drives in deep slush or soft wet roads the motor bogs way down and has very little power. So far averages 14.6 mpg but does equal Amy of city and highway deliveries. There is enough space between wheel wells for pallets. Is this type of performance others are getting also?

The 14.6 mpg for the diesel is really low. He should get way more than that, unless he drives the van like a race car.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saw this along the road yesterday.

Attachments

• 1428675417301.jpg
    1428675417301.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 100

fenderbender

Rookie Expediter
I agree, and then I subtract some more for the dpf. :thumbdown:
But still, the new 4 cylinder gets pretty good fuel mileage based on what I hear from other expediters. Remains to be seen if it is just as reliable as our 5 bangers.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app
Those 5 bangers are hard to beat. I wish They were still an option.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saw this along the road yesterday.
I don't see a front axle. From this view it looks like it hit something low and solid, tearing off the front axle. The wrecker bill will be pretty steep hauling it on a heavy duty RGN trailer.