Morgan dry box

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Until it gets stolen, or assaulted by a forklift.

I've never had one stolen. And mine sits below dock height and is tucked under the frame a bit.
On a side note about a REAR tag light. I'm not sure why it is even required when Illinois requires the one tag issued to be on the FRONT.
Yet a non working rear tag light can still get you a citation.

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I was once told when I was missing a marker light that if it was there and not working it's a ticket but since it was taken out by a mad tree and gone no ticket, maybe take the light off?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was once told when I was missing a marker light that if it was there and not working it's a ticket but since it was taken out by a mad tree and gone no ticket, maybe take the light off?
I just replaced it with new LED light, it is staying.
Also, regulation says there should be one. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/content/39311
I got a citation for a non working tag light about 15 years ago. When I tapped it, it came on, but DOT still wrote up the citation.

Last edited:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I would check all of the wiring. We had a truck that kept having a light issue on the bottom box lights. Come to find out all of the vox lights had been wired with speaker wire, no joke. Nick remade a harness in an afternoon. Also, on our current truck we had a marker light on the door go out. Once we took the bottom panel off we found all of the lights were installed without proper weatherproofing :rolleyes:

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Also, on our current truck we had a marker light on the door go out. Once we took the bottom panel off we found all of the lights were installed without proper weatherproofing :rolleyes:

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Gee, is it a Freightliner?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I've never had one stolen. And mine sits below dock height and is tucked under the frame a bit.
On a side note about a REAR tag light. I'm not sure why it is even required when Illinois requires the one tag issued to be on the FRONT.
Yet a non working rear tag light can still get you a citation.

Some states have 2 tags, like NY.