miles

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
how many miles do ya'll usually turn, on average? I am plugging numbers into the OOIDA spreadsheat to try and see if this is a possible bill paying venture

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
This question cant be answered based on the info given. Are we talking team or solo, driver or o/o, van, straight truck or tractor? Panther, Fedex, tri-state, bolt ect? There are many here in all of these catagories who can give many answers and you will know little more than you do right now. Plz be a bit more specific and we will do our best to give you the right info. :)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
its not about the miles,its about the most money you can earn in the least amount of miles.This is expedite,not truck load

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
its not about the miles,its about the most money you can earn in the least amount of miles.This is expedite,not truck load

Thank you Steve! Too many people are concerned only with how many miles they can rack up.

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
I am all about making the most money I can, but am just looking at what load boards I have seen and seeing if they reflect the bottom dollar amount I would need to cover the truck the operating cost of running the truck, and make a few dollars myself. More than likely, I would be running solo, and leased to a carrier, and in a strait truck O/O. I know that the load boards dont quite reflect on the expedite side of things, but if they are close, they could spit out the right numbers.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I am all about making the most money I can, but am just looking at what load boards I have seen and seeing if they reflect the bottom dollar amount I would need to cover the truck the operating cost of running the truck, and make a few dollars myself. More than likely, I would be running solo, and leased to a carrier, and in a strait truck O/O. I know that the load boards dont quite reflect on the expedite side of things, but if they are close, they could spit out the right numbers.

If your talking the load boards in the truck stops,you wont find many good paying loads there,and if you see one,just call the number,it will be gone but they will have another going same area,just wont pay as much.If your going to lease to a carrier ,why are you worring about the load boards.If that carrier cant keep you busy,see if the grass is greener,many have done that over and over,and never learn

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The load boards are not close. I don't know anything about running solo. I do know my former owner is always busy when he goes out on his own. Often runs out of hours. We run team and have run out of hours twice this year. We would be having a great year if it were not for flooded basements and other nasty surprises. All of our numbers are up. Just taint been able to work as much as we would like. Layoutshooter