Mileage Deduction

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greetings Frank:

I am the owner of a cargo van and have an appointment with my tax accountant this Saturday. I believe a new mileage deduction schedule went into effect this summer. June??

Could you please post some info concerning this change.

Should I calculate all business miles run under the former schedule and likewise all miles run under the new one?

Thank you.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I dont know the exact date , or the rates but they did up the mileage deduction in June, my accountant had me give him the mileage separately before and after the new date.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Standard mileage deduction for 2008

January 1, through June 30, 2008 $ .50 and 1/2 cent per mile

July 1, 2008- December 31, 2008 $ 58.5 per mile,

Franklin Katz, ATP,PA, CPB
Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039
Fax: (704) 739-3934

Circular 230 Ruling: Compliance

This email (including any attachments) contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION protected by federal and/or state law and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(is) designated as recipient(s). The information contained within this email should not be construed as tax advice. If you are not an intended recipient of the email, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by phone at (704) 739-4039 or by email at [email protected] and then permanently delete the original and any copy of this email (including any attachments) and destroy any printout thereof.