Midterm Election 2018

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Broward County does the manual recounts

Counts the wrong ballots.

I was going to give a funny rating for this, but then thought .... how sad.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: Moot and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's been driving me crazy for several days who Broward County Supervisor of Elections, Brenda Snipes, reminds me of. Then a little while ago it hit me.

It's Jobu from the movie Major League.

View attachment 18108

Typical right-wing reasoning, personal attacks and cut downs.
It's amazing how many things someone can get wrong in a span of just nine words. I'm not right-wing (I'm libertarian leaning right on some issues and left on others). It's not a personal attack (it's an observation of who she reminds me of, nothing more, nothing less). And it's not a cut-down (Jobu is a beloved character from a major motion picture, and one that I have a deep fondness and affection for).

Reactions: RoadTime and Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe that Generation X has done a great job Nerfing the world.

So good, in fact, a generation has grown up blurring the lines between the way the world is vs the way adults wished the world could be for their children.

Example, Kevin Hart.
He made a homophobic joke 10 years ago.
He later apologized.

10 years later, man/children find the joke, and DEMAND an apology, as if he just told the joke yesterday.
He pointed out there’s no reason to apologize, he had already apologized YEARS AGO.

Kevin Hart gets fired.

What do you say to this level of stupidity combined with weakness? We have a generation of twigs.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I believe that Generation X has done a great job Nerfing the world.

So good, in fact, a generation has grown up blurring the lines between the way the world is vs the way adults wished the world could be for their children.

Example, Kevin Hart.
He made a homophobic joke 10 years ago.
He later apologized.

10 years later, man/children find the joke, and DEMAND an apology, as if he just told the joke yesterday.
He pointed out there’s no reason to apologize, he had already apologized YEARS AGO.

Kevin Hart gets fired.

What do you say to this level of stupidity combined with weakness? We have a generation of twigs.

That is indicative of the times, not a particular generation.

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
[]That is indicative of the times, not a particular generation.

I believe it’s generational because of the uptick of single parent homes, and the increased government stands against authoritative parenting, like the man that lost his right to see his children because he wouldn’t take them to McDonald’s. Parents that make sure children get enough sleep, eat healthy, have good hygiene habits, and have a code of conduct in public places are seen as bad parents, by television standards and by our own judicial system. Now it’s only acceptable to be your child’s “friend”, and accept their exhausted, fat, smelly, and obnoxious behavior as their “lifestyle choice”, and parents should accept that.

While I agree this has existed in every generation, it’s exploded in generation x.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseahawk

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
[]That is indicative of the times, not a particular generation.

I believe it’s generational because of the uptick of single parent homes, and the increased government stands against authoritative parenting, like the man that lost his right to see his children because he wouldn’t take them to McDonald’s. Parents that make sure children get enough sleep, eat healthy, have good hygiene habits, and have a code of conduct in public places are seen as bad parents, by television standards and by our own judicial system. Now it’s only acceptable to be your child’s “friend”, and accept their exhausted, fat, smelly, and obnoxious behavior as their “lifestyle choice”, and parents should accept that.

While I agree this has existed in every generation, it’s exploded in generation x.

That case was in NYC. Do you expect any less?