Michael Vick pled GUILTY!!!

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
I am glad that he admits his guilt. The problem is that he will serve so little time in jail. If it were you or I, they would drag all the gruesome details out in court then lock us up for much longer than 12 months! On ESPN last nite, they were talking of him playing next season!!! I think he deserves WAY more time than he will get!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The article says the prosecutors want Vick to serve around 18 months, but that the norm for a first time offender is around 10-12 months. This has nothing to do with what the NFL has in store for Vick. While I don't think there will be a lifetime ban, I'm guessing Vick will start serving his suspension once he gets released from jail. That would mean a two year vacation from the NFL.

I'm more curious as to what will happen to the Falcons. To have their #1 star gone for a year or two means they'll be scrambling to come up with something. I'll watch it like a Keystone Cops movie. ;)

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Yeah, it should be interesting. If they keep him, could it mean bad press for them? Or will they be the "good guys" giving him a second chance. I wonder if he'll be in population in prison or if they will house him in a "special" section.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
the falcons won't keep him. The owner is already severely disappointed in Him for lying to him, and the publicity surrounding the team is all negative. They will probably release Him soon...and He deserves it....

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I can't see any team signing him with the baggage he will bring to the team. There would be season ticket cancellations,picketing etc. Might wind up in the CFL.

BTW Anne would you rather have a Florida Gators Championship Hat or Shirt.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Well in my vast experience Rich, shirts burn much longer than hats so go ahead and send me the shirt!! Smarty pants!!

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
I couldn't agree more. What he did was WAY wrong. Yes it was "a dog" but a defenseless animal at that. It was also a felony. If it were you or I what sentence would we get?

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Some food for thought:

Violent acts toward animals have long been recognized as indicators of a dangerous psychopathy that does not confine itself to animals. “Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives,†wrote humanitarian Dr. Albert Schweitzer. “Murderers … very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids,†according to Robert K. Ressler, who developed profiles of serial killers for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Studies have now convinced sociologists, lawmakers, and the courts that acts of cruelty toward animals deserve our attention. They can be the first sign of a violent pathology that includes human victims.

Animal abuse is not just the result of a minor personality flaw in the abuser but rather a symptom of a deep mental disturbance. Research in psychology and criminology shows that people who commit acts of cruelty toward animals don’t stop there; many of them move on to their fellow humans.

The FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appear in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers, and the standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals as a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders.

A study conducted by Northeastern University and the Massachusetts SPCA found that people who abuse animals are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against humans. The majority of inmates scheduled to be executed for murder at
California’s San Quentin penitentiary “practiced†their crimes on animals, according to the warden.