medical insurance

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Some of the members have reported their carriers have group plans that provide bare bones coverage with large deductables. Search the archives for "medical insurance" and get about 50 threads where the topic is discussed.

Consider contactng OOIDA or other options available in the digest magazines found at most all truck stops

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another source would be the National Assoc. of the Self Employed. www.nase.org gets their site. I don't know anything about their offerings other than they do offer insurance and I believe Merlin Olson is/was a spokesperson for them.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Stay away from Mega Life,their agents lie and deceive you. I was enrolled with them for a while,agent said $2,000 deductible,OK but he didn't say it was $2000 deductible per occurrence., I along with probably many others assumed it was a calendar year deductible.
OOIDA has some decent plans.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
egl has one it's a good plan but it kind of high
what would be nice if you could combine the workmen's comp like ins and a health plan in one and save alot of money by not having two
ins plan's

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a very satisfactory plan from Blue Cross purchased through www.ehealthinsurance.com that includes a prescription discount plan. They have a good selection of plans from a varity of providers - however, like everything else you have to read the fine print to make sure what you're getting. There's a little effort involved, but if you've been able to purchase a house or a truck without getting screwed you should be able to handle this as well.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Pilgram is correct, Blue Cross. This company is known and respected WORLD WIDE. You will never find yourself in a bad situation getting worse with them, you may pay $20 more a month but your name on there card is worth the INSURANCE they provide.

Little tip get the best coverage with the highest deducatable remember its insurance and you want to be covered for the big bills.