McDonalds are (almost) everywhere!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and the conspicuous well of blackness on the high plains of northwestern South Dakota. There, in a patch of rolling grassland, loosely hemmed in by Bismarck, Dickinson, Pierre, and the greater Rapid City-Spearfish-Sturgis metropolitan area, we find our answer.

Between the tiny Dakotan hamlets of Meadow and Glad Valley lies the McFarthest Spot: 107 miles distant from the nearest McDonald’s, as the crow flies, and 145 miles by car!
hey we live 10 miles west of Meadow....:D

But there is a Burger King a mere 110 miles away in Mobridge SD

Last edited:

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
The U.P. is looking pretty sparse too. I think Escanaba has one. The Beef a Roo looks like a bigger chain there.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You can move the thousand McD`s from around here, to where the sun don't shine,

Booker

Expert Expediter
Our favorite place to eat in Escanaba is the Swedish Pantry. They have delicious Swedish pancakes, ham sandwiches with butter on them, and great pea soup. They have Swiss clocks on the wall that chime intermittently. Just down the street is a nice city park on the shores of Lake Michigan.
If you go on to Iron Mountain, be sure to stop at Storheims custard. It is right in front of Wal-Mart. Their custard tastes like homemade ice cream and they have the best sausage pizza. They make their own sausage.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
enjoyed the swedish pantry? gracie and i had the open face beef sanwiches. not very good. guess we should have stuck with the ikea meal(meatballs, new potatos and ligonberry jam and veggies).

the white choclate cookie was pretty good, though.

next time you curse the starbucks in your city try to find one in scranton pa or eastern pa and not be in philly.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Our favorite place to eat in Escanaba is the Swedish Pantry. They have delicious Swedish pancakes, ham sandwiches with butter on them, and great pea soup. They have Swiss clocks on the wall that chime intermittently. Just down the street is a nice city park on the shores of Lake Michigan.
If you go on to Iron Mountain, be sure to stop at Storheims custard. It is right in front of Wal-Mart. Their custard tastes like homemade ice cream and they have the best sausage pizza. They make their own sausage.

Believe it or not,this was our first time in the U.P. in the 7+ years we have been expediting,don't know how that happened.

I saw a sign shortly after crossing the Mackinac bridge advertising pasties,thought it was a misspelling until I kept seeing more and more signs spelled that way. Isn't pasties a piece of equipment used by strippers?

One other thing about the U.P.,it is BEAUTIFUL up there.Also the wildlife is amazing,as we saw a bald eagle and a black bear.:)

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Believe it or not,this was our first time in the U.P. in the 7+ years we have been expediting,don't know how that happened.

I saw a sign shortly after crossing the Mackinac bridge advertising pasties,thought it was a misspelling until I kept seeing more and more signs spelled that way. Isn't pasties a piece of equipment used by strippers?

:)

usually in the past but in the u.p it is vile tasting pot pie like one of those hostess fruit pies. that is just personal opinion of 6 folks i know. if yer raised one'm you seem to love'em.

guido4475

Not a Member

One other thing about the U.P.,it is BEAUTIFUL up there.Also the wildlife is amazing,as we saw a bald eagle and a black bear.:)

I was just up there on Saturday. Unloaded, and came down to Grand Rapids.It is beautiful up there, I agree.