may roll call

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I'm here. Wondering which bolt heads are using this section of the forum these days.

Also, is there a way to subscribe to a particular sub-forum like this one? Like subscribing to a thread.

eb

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i am on the roll. a kaiser roll. the little black seeds are cutting into my, nevermind.

subscribe to thread i don't know. i get it automatically. 'spose i can ask.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I am Rollin!! I went into service yesterday after 4 days off and i am rolling down I 69 to Greenfield IND. this is my 3rd load in 2 days...so yea i am rollin...:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ended up gettin a load out of Indy on fri bight to Grand Forks ND...Dropped it yesterday at 1 pm... Sittin in Fargo ND today, lookin to get loaded out of here tomorrow.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Lets see, DH'd from Fargo to Rogers Mn. Got loaded out of Minnieapolis to Temperence Oh. Dropped this morning at 7:30...went home went to bed....woke up with 8 vans ahead of me in Toledo, so i went to lunch with one of my kids, and started to DH to the "J" in Gary Ind. Got to Fremont Ind and got a call to P.U. in misawaka Ind. and deliver to Grand Rapids Mich. Not a big run, but it is a regular customer and pays pretty good. I'll be stayin at the "J" in Grand Ledge tonight.......5/13

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I delivered a load in Toledo, early this a.m. Haven't decided if I'll hang out in the area. I left a stack of loose log book forms in the bolt HQ drivers lounge if anyone wants them. They're free.

eb

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
DH'd from grand ledge mich to brooklyn mich (68 miles) delivering in burlington nj in the morning....find some place to SLEEP then....:D

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
cd,

Sounds like you've had a pretty decent couple weeks. Compared to you I'm only running fairly well, but each week gets a little better. I still feel like I'm flying blind--growing pains I guess.

eb

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got a good sleep in bordentown NJ, got a load out of Swedesboro NJ delivered in Winchester Virginia. A few hundred miles, and the pay was ok.

Dh'in to the Petro in hagerstown MD, probably be there for the weekend...

EB, it takes time to get a handle on this business, and just when you think you do, it changes...for me if you read my post, i DH after a drop if i have to to get myself into a better freight area...not that i have a 'inside track' on where freight is, i just play ot by ear, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...as I said in the post above...i dropped in winchester VA, nothing here , it is in the middle of no where, so i am heading to Hagertowns, figuring there are a few bigger cities within 100 miles that i might get something out of no later then monday noon....only time will tell...

But yea, bolt has been good for me, no complaints for the most part.....now if they would just post the info on the # of trucks and freight moving in most cities, id be really happy....:D

ISLNANA

Seasoned Expediter
after load out of okc-ohio did run to michigan,then did a short 1 in mi, next day load to columbus,ga. then wed. got the load from hell,alabama to long beach ca. nice miles,decent pay ,but had to return to the shipper TWICE to have them shift load-it was a very large , heavy piece of machinery-had trouble getting it centered properly in truck as to not be over weight on our axels. due to the weight issue we could only put 50 gal of fuel on at a time. so,needless to say lots of stops,but happy to say we beat our delivery time and now safe and sound at the ta in ontario. hope to get out soon. have a good weekend all and stay safe!:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok it looks like hagerstown is not the place to be...checked the alliance board and there are not even 10 vans within 50 miles and only 11 within 100, i didn't bother to add sprinters it was bad enough.....so either others know the situation here isn't good and don't stay here or all heck is going to break loss monday morning........dispatch as nothing on the borad for monday...so i think ill go to a nice quiet adult beverage/food establishment and eat dinner and watch the race and head out of town in the morning...............

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
After 4 days and 1 short run in eastern PA, I DH'd home to toledo. Got in about 7 pm, watched my daughters softball game. About 11 pm I got a run to princeton Ind (toyota). It was a transfer load at the bolt office. I picked it up at 1:30 AM. got into princeton about 9 am, dropped and here i sit at the J in haubstaut...#2 within 100 miles

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
good flippin luck getting outta there!!!
rlent is the only person i know who got a load outta that place.

i'm in the drivers lounge. i was 6th out in livonia after dropping at chrysler depot. 2nd here. might go south to that one place that is good.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
yea i am hangin here till noon tomorrow...then I'am headin north towards toledo...With the holiday, I ain't sittin anywhere till Tues.....

PJay59

Veteran Expediter
Yes Im home this weekend myself, I have been running good as of late, it seems the time between loads is getting shorter. I know the load planners are doing a pretty good job in these rough times, thats my thought anyways. Also becarefull out in Needies, Ca at the Mc Donnalds their... they charge you a eat in tax even if you have your food and go. I did not relize that till I got home . I just never hurd of a Eat In Tax, but anything possible in California I guess.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just getting used to the Bolt system.
I am at home in Knoxville for the holiday. Hope to get a run on Tues.
Look forward to runing into some of you guys on the road.

Road Hooligan
B524

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey road!! I wasjust thinkin about you the other day and wondering if you had gotten back to work...LOL, i know we don't often see eye to eye, but i do beoieve you got a raw deal and its good to see you back driving again..bolt will treat you right, good people all around...here's to seeing you on the road....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
to check the alliance board go to , Bolt Express then click on "truck availability" then fill in the info that suits you and let it rip..... that will give you all of the "alliance units" in the area you put in within the miles radius you put in....

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks Chef,

It is good to be back. I looked at getting a real job, but decided that after 14 years in expediting, I was stuck.

Road Hooligan