May Locations

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I'd like to know what Page 3 of the "Loaded at Shipper" is for.

Page 1, you enter the BOL, confirm the delivery address, pieces and weight.

Page 2 is to enter a bunch of stuff we don't have to enter.

Page 3 has fields to enter up to nine additional BOLs with pieces and weight.

Whenever I have more than one BOL for a load, I enter the first BOL on Page 1, including the pieces and weight of that BOL, and then I enter the remaining BOLs on Page 3, including their pieces and weight. Yet Dispatch never sees, nor can they find, any information I entered on Page 3.

Why do we have a Page 3?

Perhaps a more important question would be, what little icon thingy can I tell Dispatch to click on so that they can see Page 3? Clearly they don't know.

Not knowing the answer I have forwarded this question to Steve Briggs. Stand bye.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have figured out a way i can earn extra money while at the yard. Sell wash bay vouchers for 10 bucks at the truck stop up the road. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

dadeo2my3

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
Page 3 is actually the page that is there for additional picks at the same location.

For instance: you have a shipment with 6 Legs (3 pick and 3 drops). Leg 1, Leg 2 and Leg 3 all pick up ABC company. The pick up information would be entered in to page one (capturing the loaded time) and the Leg 2 and Leg 3 you would enter the pieces, weight and BOL in Line 2 and Line 3.

Sounds like you may be asking about having a shipment that may only be 2 Legs (1 pick and 1 drop). Say you pick up at XYZ company and they give you 4 pieces with 4 separate Bills. You would actually only be able to enter the first one. You can then hit Free From Tab in Workflow and you can enter the additional info in that location.

Hopefully this helps. If not, please stop in to the shop and see Matt or come see me in the office.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Hopefully this helps. If not, please stop in to the shop and see Matt or come see me in the office.
Thanks. It helps. I just find it odd (amusing) that we've got this super dooper handy dandy Workflow thingy, and we're reduced to entering load information in a Free Form message.

Couple of weeks ago I had a load, 1 skid, 1 pickup 1 drop, that had 14 BOLs. The QC exploded.

Last edited:

dadeo2my3

Seasoned Expediter
Carrier Management
Prior or present entry info from Qualcomm side only goes to ONE line in our system. When we enter manually we have options to enter through a hyper link but that is only in our direct system. I have never heard of the Qualcomm allowing for more than one BOL at one pick up.

This could be a system change to address with our software company.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Been looking for this blasted town for 30 miles now....I think I'm going in circles...:D
1368822003416.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EO Forums mobile app

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thanks. It helps. I just find it odd (amusing) that we've got this super dooper handy dandy Workflow thingy, and we're reduced to entering load information in a Free Form message.

Couple of weeks ago I had a load, 1 skid, 1 pickup 1 drop, that had 14 BOLs. The QC exploded.
I don't remember ever having 14 BOLs. I have had more than one. I had 2 skids recently that had 2 BOLs. I just entered both on the same line in the BOL field on page one with a comma between them. I doubt that would work for more than 2 or 3 BOLs though. I generally just call dispatch and ask how they want it done when in doubt.

For what it's worth, I don't think turtle is referring to a situation where there are multiple picks and/or drops. We sometimes have 2 or more BOLs on a 1 pick/1 drop load.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I've always wandered which takes more time and money....throwing some cold mix in a pothole....or buying and erecting a sign?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That one with 14 BOLs, it was one skid with 14 boxes on it. Each box was a different part, and a different order, so they did each one on a separate BOL.

Incidentally, when you scan in the paperwork, you max out at 10 pages, as well. :D

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Someone has stole my mojo! The has been my worst week ever. 3 day setting in NY state, then while dh to Ohio truck breaks down, the 2 days in shop only to find unhook the qc and the truck goes back to running fine. Finely get a load Friday east of Cleveland , only after a 29 mile dh and setting 3 hours in the dock it cancels and dispatch thinks this is worth $87. Now no calls today...just great!

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Someone has stole my mojo! The has been my worst week ever. 3 day setting in NY state, then while dh to Ohio truck breaks down, the 2 days in shop only to find unhook the qc and the truck goes back to running fine. Finely get a load Friday east of Cleveland , only after a 29 mile dh and setting 3 hours in the dock it cancels and dispatch thinks this is worth $87. Now no calls today...just great!

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

isnt the profession we chose a never ending saga. We should be on history or twc.

kurtkaoss

Active Expediter
Greetings, from humid Benton, Arkansas this evening. Sitting at an RV park (22 bucks got me my spot w/ electricity, shower and free laundry). Thought I was moving out today, but I guess the run never made it...although I was told that it had been secured, but they were waiting on the supervisor to call back. I guess the freight never got shipped then, right? Oh well. Sitting in my shady spot until tomorrow, and hopefully they decide to move me outta here. Have a great night, folks.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Incidentally, when you scan in the paperwork, you max out at 10 pages, as well. :D

The scan system from the driver will only accept 10 pages before they have to hit send. They can continue to scan other pages and go as many as they need to but their system only allows them to send 10 at a time.