MAY LOCATIONS Mayday Mayday Mayday

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a shorty from Allentown PA to Bradford PA. Puts me closer to home, and that's exactly where I'm trying to go for the weekend. The wife call, said she needs me! Must be something broken around the house. LOL

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Got a shorty from Allentown PA to Bradford PA. Puts me closer to home, and that's exactly where I'm trying to go for the weekend. The wife call, said she needs me! Must be something broken around the house. LOL

Maybe she just misses you! And needs some romance 'fixed'? *Bring me back some Yocco's Chili dogs and some Tasty-kake back from Allentown!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
That would be a short list! :p

Military base to another military and OMG they had neither address correct. Not the street or number for either, so I spend 3.5 hours of my life looking for the mythical building that NO ONE on this base has heard of. I have no hint of even a department that it's supposed to be. Finally just had to drop at ups for a diversion

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Military base to another military and OMG they had neither address correct. Not the street or number for either, so I spend 3.5 hours of my life looking for the mythical building that NO ONE on this base has heard of. I have no hint of even a department that it's supposed to be. Finally just had to drop at ups for a diversion

Military base can be a pain. Your dispatch SHOULD have worked it out for you. Should every have wasted all that time/fuel etc. You not having spent time in the military does not help either. You don't understand governmentesse or the like. 9 out of 10 times I can figure out the military part. Then it gets easier from there.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Bases usually have base-maps on the Internet.
Wright Patt AFB (here in Dayton) can be a real beech too.
I'm surprised the guys with guns didn't direct you.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Wright Patt was the easier of the two. Once I figured out that the address I had didn't exist anymore as too where my GPS said it was actually easy to find. The one here in bama was the real bad one, I seriously drove somewhere around 100 or so miles around that base

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wright Patt was the easier of the two. Once I figured out that the address I had didn't exist anymore as too where my GPS said it was actually easy to find. The one here in bama was the real bad one, I seriously drove somewhere around 100 or so miles around that base

Did you go to the commercial gate? How about calling your POC at the base?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
The first time I called the guy totally blow me off. Second time third fourth fifth sixth and finally on my seven call it GT diverted. Albeit 4-7 was just calling the same one back once I got new info from individuals on base. I'm not counting the several times I lost service due to being in a rural area which isn't my dispatch fault

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
I will give you a hint from doing security clearance investigations on many bases: Go to the base fire Department, they can direct you to buildings that do not exist ;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I will give you a hint from doing security clearance investigations on many bases: Go to the base fire Department, they can direct you to buildings that do not exist ;)

We have used that "trick" once or twice ourselves. We have even have used it out in the REAL world on occasion.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The first time I called the guy totally blow me off. Second time third fourth fifth sixth and finally on my seven call it GT diverted. Albeit 4-7 was just calling the same one back once I got new info from individuals on base. I'm not counting the several times I lost service due to being in a rural area which isn't my dispatch fault

It's because you are in a van I guess. :cool: Don't know what to tell you if your dispatch can't get it figured out.