May location and other nonsense

Falligator

Expert Expediter
It is the PERFECT time for catfish here. They are in the back waters for the spawn. You could sink a boat with them right now. Same with walleye. It's a grand time on the Western Basin of Lake Erie and the Detroit River. Raining now here.
Yeah, usually fishing is good after a rain...especially the bass. I like fishing for channel cat during June, July...summer months They've got a certain hit time at the lake I go to and that's usually at 10-11pm and again from 2-3am.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The unthinkable just happened I am now pre-dispatched going back to Taylor tomorrow...:)
Well crap the back half canceled;(

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is the PERFECT time for catfish here. They are in the back waters for the spawn. You could sink a boat with them right now. Same with walleye. It's a grand time on the Western Basin of Lake Erie and the Detroit River. Raining now here.

Amberjack3.jpg

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just now dropped in Milwaukee, been home less then 10 minutes. Got the call already, Kenosha to Louisville KY. Pickup at 6 am tomorrow morning.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
sitting out side of Louisville did one to Georgetown then one suppose to go back to tn but on way over called and cancelled. they didnte even give a dry run and id already drove 40 miles oo well ill get em back on another one

paullud

Veteran Expediter
In St George, SC at the J working my way up towards the Philly area to deliver Thursday or Friday. Hopefully I get a load Friday or I might be awfully tempted to go home for the long weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Chillin at home living like a lazy bum. Trying to find me a part time job to get through for now. I might consider driving again if things pick up for cargo vans by next year. The good thing is my bills are low here, so a part time job will cover me until that happens. Are you vanners getting more miles yet? It's almost July!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chillin at home living like a lazy bum. Trying to find me a part time job to get through for now. I might consider driving again if things pick up for cargo vans by next year. The good thing is my bills are low here, so a part time job will cover me until that happens. Are you vanners getting more miles yet? It's almost July!

looks like the normal vanners are getting reasonable miles..you know the .85 -.95 bunch...

BTW...M.T. in Mequon Wisc.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
looks like the normal vanners are getting reasonable miles..you know the .85 -.95 bunch...

BTW...M.T. in Mequon Wisc.

I could make 95 CPM work, but anything lower than that you're slowly going broke. If you are in a sprinter, then you are really going broke, even at a dollar per mile. I guess the industry will be riddled with old raggedy equipment. If the companies want to pay low rates per mile, then why would they expect their drivers to have new well maintained equipment?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I could make 95 CPM work, but anything lower than that you're slowly going broke. If you are in a sprinter, then you are really going broke, even at a dollar per mile. I guess the industry will be riddled with old raggedy equipment. If the companies want to pay low rates per mile, then why would they expect their drivers to have new well maintained equipment?

I am really leaning towards that is the way of this business...it appears to be morphing again....those on a single income are screwed....more and more unmarked CV's and sprinters n the road...it flooded out there....one will literally have to run their wheels off to make any kind of a living...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I am really leaning towards that is the way of this business...it appears to be morphing again....those on a single income are screwed....more and more unmarked CV's and sprinters n the road...it flooded out there....one will literally have to run their wheels off to make any kind of a living...

Well those who have house payments and other commitments will be in trouble if the rates continue to erode. I think a single guy living in the van full time can make it work and save a little bit of money. But then again, what kind of life is that? Too many people are getting into our niche market. The cat has jumped out the bag here. I'm waiting for the trucking world to go down once Bradley Jacob's takes over the brokering industry. It's going to be interesting to watch and see where all of this goes from here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
basically this is a minimum wage job....25,000 to 30K before taxes a yr after expenses...who ever said it was more then that?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
basically this is a minimum wage job....25,000 to 30K before taxes a yr after expenses...who ever said it was more then that?

I can make this work on one way trips again. I'll get another van and just go from Michigan to Laredo, then Laredo back north two times a month. I can work two weeks a month and make enough money to survive being semi-disabled. Now trying to find a carrier that will allow me to do this is going to prove to be a real problem.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I can make this work on one way trips again. I'll get another van and just go from Michigan to Laredo, then Laredo back north two times a month. I can work two weeks a month and make enough money to survive being semi-disabled. Now trying to find a carrier that will allow me to do this is going to prove to be a real problem.

I have seen some people on with bolt who can hardly move...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have seen some people on with bolt who can hardly move...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

I'm still thinking about it, Asjssl. I might just postpone it until next year. Things look to be very slow this year. I don't want to drop half of my savings on coming back to work just to sit around in a parking lot. We have July on the way also. It's going to slow down a bit before the final push till Christmas. If I had a home base in the Midwest, things might be different.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm still thinking about it, Asjssl. I might just postpone it until next year. Things look to be very slow this year. I don't want to drop half of my savings on coming back to work just to sit around in a parking lot. We have July on the way also. It's going to slow down a bit before the final push till Christmas. If I had a home base in the Midwest, things might be different.

I though Michigan WAS part of the Midwest. :confused: