May location and other nonsense

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turned down 1,200 mile offer to Saskatoon on Monday. Turned down 1,200 mile offer to Louisiana Tuesday. I want to be home this Friday for the holiday weekend. Accepted one last night going to Cambridge MN. Only 380 miles but close enough to go home if something doesn't happen by Friday afternoon. Got graduation party Saturday, work on van a/c on Sunday and family picnic/party on Monday. I need a couple slower weeks, I'm getting tired of always running! Be Safe and enjoy the Holiday weekend.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tks, also let ALL of the inds in OH know that its time to start shipping freight.:)

The idea of expedite is NOT to ship freight...it is costly and takes away from a companies bottomline....IF everyone does their jobs there is NO need for us...most of our loads is inventory adjustment....very little real emergency stuff...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turned down 1,200 mile offer to Saskatoon on Monday. Turned down 1,200 mile offer to Louisiana Tuesday. I want to be home this Friday for the holiday weekend. Accepted one last night going to Cambridge MN. Only 380 miles but close enough to go home if something doesn't happen by Friday afternoon. Got graduation party Saturday, work on van a/c on Sunday and family picnic/party on Monday. I need a couple slower weeks, I'm getting tired of always running! Be Safe and enjoy the Holiday weekend.
Cha Ching...hey Bill I actually had a load yesterday...It's bad manners apparently to announce it in my own forum it is called bragging now......LOL:p

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took that Milwaukee to Cambridge MN. Dropped at 9:30 this morning, got the call at 10 am. Albert Lea MN right back to Milwaukee. Great day, only sat for 30 minutes! "On the road again".

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well tell me it ain't so....I must leave our wonderful facilities here at Taylor and run another load to Wisc.....sure will miss this place....:)

guido4475

Not a Member
Raining buckets here in Whytheville....no power...a total cluster****. Can't get in or out if you tried..Word on the c.b. is that there is a tree blown over on 77 north of here, 4 mile backup and growing.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Jackson MS > Quad Cities, all behind the storm, thankfully.

Was great sleeping last night with the cooling rain and a gentle rocking from the wind. Slept like a baby.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Austinburg Oh, this has been my worst week ever! After delivering just outside Boston late Saturday evening and dh back to Albany Ny area, I sat here a day. Then moved west closer to Buffalo for another day and a half. Decided screw this I heading back to Ohio. Just as I cross the Ohio border, the truck starts pouring a whitish smoke. Stopped at the TA and am told looks like I lost an injector and they don't do that. So truck is towed 40 miles back to Cat shop in Erie Pa. Make long story shorter, after a afternoon and next morning in the shop they can't find the problem. The mechanic tells me injectors are fine but they can't get the truck ECM to communicate with there computer. I have an ideal, so disconnect the qualcomm and bingo truck quits smoking and they now now can scan my ECM, and find no problem. So after a week of no loads, a $595 tow bill and $1327 shop bill. I fix the truck by unhooking the QC. Just great... :banghead: I am now running the qc without it data port connected to my truck till I can get back to Taylor Mi so the shop can figure out what went wrong.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, had once problems with that QC, but the price I paid was way cheaper than what you paid. I hate them and honestly I don't see the reason they still want us to put one in our trucks ('cept the fact that they make money outta these QC's). With the new cellular technology there shouldn't be anymore those QC's.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
El Paso, TX.... after a week of silence! It looks like I'll either get a raise or I'll have to change the carrier. I can't do it anymore for 80 cents...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At the house. Truck is going in for all kinds of stuff over the next week or so. Weather is way too iffy for the boat today and tomorrow. Heading out early Friday morning to do some RPM/Speed tests on the boat. Fishing from Friday on. Going to seek out the walleye, life is FINE!

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Nasville, tn at the wallmart. Nice and comfy breeze now if can get a load towards home would be great.:)

Sent from my SPH-M830 using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
The idea of expedite is NOT to ship freight...it is costly and takes away from a companies bottomline....IF everyone does their jobs there is NO need for us...most of our loads is inventory adjustment....very little real emergency stuff...

Easy OVM, not so strong, lol

Falligator

Expert Expediter
At the house. Truck is going in for all kinds of stuff over the next week or so. Weather is way too iffy for the boat today and tomorrow. Heading out early Friday morning to do some RPM/Speed tests on the boat. Fishing from Friday on. Going to seek out the walleye, life is FINE!

Enjoy the time off! Not quite the season for cat fishing yet. We could certainly use some rain over here in NE Ohio. We haven't had any in over 2 1/2 weeks and not looking good for rain this evening. Seems as though the storms are going around us.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Enjoy the time off! Not quite the season for cat fishing yet. We could certainly use some rain over here in NE Ohio. We haven't had any in over 2 1/2 weeks and not looking good for rain this evening. Seems as though the storms are going around us.

It is the PERFECT time for catfish here. They are in the back waters for the spawn. You could sink a boat with them right now. Same with walleye. It's a grand time on the Western Basin of Lake Erie and the Detroit River. Raining now here.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Looks like I'll land in Dayton, TN tonight with no pre-book. Tried to go to Brownsville but tried to get big boy money from being so far out from the pick. Didn't fly.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
?? Coming back on the road?

No, got some health issues...mainly arthritis. I think I'm going to stay at the job that I have a good chance of being promoted to a supervisor at the company I'm with right now so it's an opportunity I can't really pass up.