May Flowers

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
If you unloaded where i think ya did (forgot plant name) back side of plant... ground level forklift unloads you and puts freight up on cement dock ... they ship expedite back out ..i have reloaded within 24 hours there ...
Really? But, if not them, there is no one else here? St Louis, Memphis, Evansville, Effing Ham are all within 1/2 tank. Where am I better off when I wake up Monday?

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's really hard to say . St Louis can be good ....like Edwardsville and Fenton and such . But also Evansville and Henderson , KY are good too . Tough call . Me personally , from where your at , I would go belly up at the STRATFORD INN and think about it .

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Driving home yesterday on I75 south of Atlanta yesterday saw something I have not seen before. I was in the backup from an accident and as usual there was an ambulance and fire truck driving up the left berm trying to get up to where the accident is. Well the fire truck was buzzing along and all of a sudden it jerked, I thought he hit a bump, then there was water everywhere, when I got up to where he was, I saw what happened, his driveshaft let loose and ruptured the water tank. Thankfully the cars in the accident were not on fire.....

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Driving home yesterday on I75 south of Atlanta yesterday saw something I have not seen before. I was in the backup from an accident and as usual there was an ambulance and fire truck driving up the left berm trying to get up to where the accident is. Well the fire truck was buzzing along and all of a sudden it jerked, I thought he hit a bump, then there was water everywhere, when I got up to where he was, I saw what happened, his driveshaft let loose and ruptured the water tank. Thankfully the cars in the accident were not on fire.....
That sounds sort of expensive.

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Half rate to everybody else. Lol
Thats just like I was told the other day by a driver "I wont leave til I get my full rate of .85+" in "Laredo", really? How much money did you spend while sitting there waiting for that rate, how many other runs did you miss out on while sitting waiting on that rate, how many more extra unnecessary days away from your family did you waste sitting there waiting on that rate? While you "Sit" in Laredo waiting, I'm doing one or two more runs while you wait for that perfect rate that never comes. I RUN, I make money, the less I sit the more money I make & I dont need "top dollar" to do it, I just need to make a positive, healthy, happy living doing it & that I do! :):p:D

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats just like I was told the other day by a driver "I wont leave til I get my full rate of .85+" in "Laredo", really? How much money did you spend while sitting there waiting for that rate, how many other runs did you miss out on while sitting waiting on that rate, how many more extra unnecessary days away from your family did you waste sitting there waiting on that rate? While you "Sit" in Laredo waiting, I'm doing one or two more runs while you wait for that perfect rate that never comes. I RUN, I make money, the less I sit the more money I make & I dont need "top dollar" to do it, I just need to make a positive, healthy, happy living doing it & that I do! :):p:D
Just wave when you pass him on the side of the road broke down and with no money in his pocket to fix his piece of junk truck.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you unloaded where i think ya did (forgot plant name) back side of plant... ground level forklift unloads you and puts freight up on cement dock ... they ship expedite back out ..i have reloaded within 24 hours there ...
I've picked up there, exhaust parts to Ford in Chicago.

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really? But, if not them, there is no one else here? St Louis, Memphis, Evansville, Effing Ham are all within 1/2 tank. Where am I better off when I wake up Monday?
I would go out to the J at exit 58. For me the "Boot Heel" has been a good area. If I deliver in Memphis I head north to at least Hayti. I get loads across the river out of Dyersburg also.