May - be Locations & More

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Of the two auto body shop places I visited, the 1st one confirmed what Safelite said, but didn't do rust repair work.
The 2nd, which does rust repair was closed (despite their sign saying they would be back open today) :rolleyes:

Have a uneasy feeling about this one based one what the first shop said. If cost becomes too unreasonable, maybe time to go to plan B, C, or D o_O
HEY, join Treadmill and I and come on down to Mercedes Benz Of Fort Mitchell!

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Of the two auto body shop places I visited, the 1st one confirmed what Safelite said, but didn't do rust repair work.
The 2nd, which does rust repair was closed (despite their sign saying they would be back open today) :rolleyes:

Have a uneasy feeling about this one based one what the first shop said. If cost becomes too unreasonable, maybe time to go to plan B, C, or D o_O
Try a hot rod type shop as opposed to a collision type shop. Some are pretty crafty.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't cover a load?
If only there was an easy way to satisfy customer demand.
Hint .... this is where those unmarked vans come in ...

Reactions: RedBird

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Can't cover a load?
If only there was an easy way to satisfy customer demand.
Hint .... this is where those unmarked vans come in ...

Where are they when you need them! lol!

The biggest headache is particular shipper when he calls in for a truck, wants it there within 10 minutes!!!! Or they’ll call someone else! Trying to get him to understand in reality it’s not a perfect world! It’s work in progress!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where are they when you need them! lol!

The biggest headache is particular shipper when he calls in for a truck, wants it there within 10 minutes!!!! Or they’ll call someone else! Trying to get him to understand in reality it’s not a perfect world! It’s work in progress!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
You'd be surprised how many times I got a call saying I am only one in the area to cover this, and when I drive out, I see about 4-5 vans around me.
Some might not be connected to the loads in proper way.

I get offers for loads all the time. But you are right, some want that 900 miles run in next 2 hours, not direct (can't post pictures of those here due to agreement). I get requests like that about 2-3 times a week.
Don't know which class of math they skipped in school, but they broker loads.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Man, running out of local options for this windshield/rust repair issue.
The one shop that mostly likely could do it, is still oddly closed, (Vacation) ? o_O

Need to find a place that can handle both jobs. Because I won't know if rust repair is even really needed, until the windshield is cut out. Not a good time to find out the new one can't be put back in :rolleyes:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Man, running out of local options for this windshield/rust repair issue.
The one shop that mostly likely could do it, is still oddly closed, (Vacation) ? o_O

Need to find a place that can handle both jobs. Because I won't know if rust repair is even really needed, until the windshield is cut out. Not a good time to find out the new one can't be put back in :rolleyes:
Have you asked that Toledo Sprinter mechanic for a referral?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app