May - be Locations & More

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Is it harder to ask for aTONU fee as a carrier than it was as a driver ?

No not really! He was very apologetic for helping him out with the rush delivery. He asked me what I wanted, for our troubles. I did not want to take advantage of the situation. I like to build personal/business relationships, whether it be my direct shipping customers, the guys that drive for me, the brokers I network with for freight.
It was either the shipper or consignee who gave us incorrect dimensions of the freight.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More important, did he take care of the driver or o/o ?
Out of his pocket if necessary.
It’s a touchy situation. Balancing the customer relationship and the worker’s situation.
It’s really none of our business, but interesting.

Edit: Any legitimate customer will understand the costs of the TONU and agree to pay a reasonable charge.

Last edited:

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
More important, did he take care of the driver or o/o ?
Out of his pocket if necessary.
It’s a touchy situation. Balancing the customer relationship and the worker’s situation.
It’s really none of our business, but interesting.

Edit: Any legitimate customer will understand the costs of the TONU and agree to pay a reasonable charge.

Yep I took care of the driver for his time and efforts. Actually he wasn’t affected too bad because he told me if he hadn’t had anything heading to Indy he would’ve just deadheaded home. It just so happened he dropped 12 miles (next town east) from where pick up was!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Headed to pickup load ..

Before You Judge Me ,Make Sure Your Perfect .

Before You Judge Me, Make Sure You’re Perfect.
Fixed it for you.
Told I’m a perfect A-Hole, so I guess I qualify.

Actually we seem to have more members every day that are trying to learn our language so we need to try and set a good example.

Reactions: Grizzly

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Before You Judge Me, Make Sure You’re Perfect.
Fixed it for you.
Told I’m a perfect A-Hole, so I guess I qualify.

Actually we seem to have more members every day that are trying to learn our language so we need to try and set a good example.
Lol. When it comes to Correct spelling, i don't give a Rat's Azz ...

Before You Judge Me ,Make Sure Your Perfect .

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After first striking out (yet again) today trying to get my windshield/rust repair work done. Finally got some good news. Found a local shop that can do the work :)

Van will be down about a week, so planning on 1st week of June.

Maybe tonight I can get more then 5 hrs of sleep. Yeah, I was getting a little worried :rolleyes: