May - be Locations & More

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, so far really liking the new solar flood lights. Lights up the area I wanted pretty nice.
I like that it stays on low power until motion is detected (about 26ft).
Even though it's in a very sunny spot, will be interesting to see how it handles cloudy days.
But for now, I like it ;)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, so far really liking the new solar flood lights. Lights up the area I wanted pretty nice.
I like that it stays on low power until motion is detected (about 26ft).
Even though it's in a very sunny spot, will be interesting to see how it handles cloudy days.
But for now, I like it ;)
Next ...? Is there a smaller version planned for your Van's drivers door ...? ....

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Todays the day I get my new windshield...(I hope) :rolleyes:
After checking out my options when I got home and not wanting to hang out in a shop, decided to let Safelite come to me. Hopefully he shows up with the right windshield.

Late last night, I remembered that due to a water leak, I had applied several coats of silicone in the gaps across the top and sides of the windshield. Also applied additional coats of water sealer over the top section, and painted over it.

I figured this would all have to be removed now.

What a mess and pain to remove it. Hoping I did a good enough job to avoid additional delays.

My appointment window is 12-5pm, Guess I'll know in a little while how it turns out ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Todays the day I get my new windshield...(I hope) :rolleyes:
After checking out my options when I got home and not wanting to hang out in a shop, decided to let Safelite come to me. Hopefully he shows up with the right windshield.

Late last night, I remembered that due to a water leak, I had applied several coats of silicone in the gaps across the top and sides of the windshield. Also applied additional coats of water sealer over the top section, and painted over it.

I figured this would all have to be removed now.

What a mess and pain to remove it. Hoping I did a good enough job to avoid additional delays.

My appointment window is 12-5pm, Guess I'll know in a little while how it turns out ;)

Well 1st problem of the day. Just got a call, windshield has not arrived :(

2nd potential problem. He's going to stop by today to check out the van. He mentioned rust problems in other vans preventing new installation. This was a past concern for me if I needed another windshield. Was hoping to be in my next van before needing a new windshield.

This could get interesting :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, safelite guy said too much rust and need to go to a body shop first.
Oddly, what he was looking at wasn't even a concern of mine.
So, looks like I will be getting a 2nd option on the situation.

Funny, of all the things that could go wrong with this Sprinter, a windshield replacement wasn't even on my list of things that could put it down

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Of the two auto body shop places I visited, the 1st one confirmed what Safelite said, but didn't do rust repair work.
The 2nd, which does rust repair was closed (despite their sign saying they would be back open today) :rolleyes:

Have a uneasy feeling about this one based one what the first shop said. If cost becomes too unreasonable, maybe time to go to plan B, C, or D o_O