Fencing to keep the Goats in .... ?

hauling freight from a Pond near you
escaping-goat.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Waiting to be unloaded in battle creek.
o_O
Load refused.... Not expecting it until friday.... Idiots, imo. They could have taken it...... Guess i don't have to go to Lansing.

:mad:
Did you tell them about being paid laid over for all these days? ;)
Nope... I just took it back to the shipper and said .... here, you deal with it.
Guess who called...... that's right boys and girls!

They are ready to receive tomorrow at 9:00am. Guess who is still laughing.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where did you come across the batteries?

Bought em off eBay! I own a leaf as my home car and have used the cells in several hobby projects ! Unfortunately the cost is going to be around $700 for the pack when I'm done but it's out of a lot of components I already have . The battery management system is my current hurdle but I'm hoping to test my prototype tomorrow or Friday connected to the solar cells first . If that is successful I'll tie it into the van with an isolator and test this weekend on the alternator current !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be sure to post a writeup in Truck Talk. with pictures :)

Reactions: in-Transit

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing quite as nerve racking as cutting holes in a new van.. 2 maxxair fans 2 solar panels and a wire gland later the cutting and sealing is over let it dry in the garage tonight and hose it down in the morning to check for leaks!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I'm curious as to what the uniformed officer would say to that when he pulls you over for speeding or u can't keep it between the lines. LOL.

2 things.
I see en route naps with tracking.
1. I bid only 50 MPH almost every time. Most trucks build 10 mins per hour driven for nap time.
2. Don't assume EVERY dispatcher is an idiot just because YOUR dispatcher might be.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm curious as to what the uniformed officer would say to that when he pulls you over for speeding or u can't keep it between the lines. LOL.

2 things.
I see en route naps with tracking.
1. I bid only 50 MPH almost every time. Most trucks build 10 mins per hour driven for nap time.
2. Don't assume EVERY dispatcher is an idiot just because YOUR dispatcher is an idiot.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Ok. Maybe "idiot" is a bit harsh. But my job, currently, it's to watch the moves of 11 trucks. Period. That's it. And bidding, of course. If I'm tracking them, I know what's going on. And if one doesn't build 10 mins per hour at 50 MPH, one needs to reconsider their career path.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing quite as nerve racking as cutting holes in a new van.. 2 maxxair fans 2 solar panels and a wire gland later the cutting and sealing is over let it dry in the garage tonight and hose it down in the morning to check for leaks!!

Yup, that first cut was the hardest for me. After that, no worries

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok. Maybe "idiot" is a bit harsh. But my job, currently, it's to watch the moves of 11 trucks. Period. That's it. And bidding, of course. If I'm tracking them, I know what's going on. And if one doesn't build 10 mins per hour at 50 MPH, one needs to reconsider their career path.

Not all loads travel only interstates. You drive two lane highways at 55, construction zones or traffic backs that can be 10 or 20 mph. Stop lights, school busses, rush hours. That's one thing some dispatchers seem to have trouble grasping.