MAY all your dreams come true!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Not all loads travel only interstates. You drive two lane highways at 55, construction zones or traffic backs that can be 10 or 20 mph. Stop lights, school busses, rush hours. That's one thing some dispatchers seem to have trouble grasping.

Yep. That's why I try to eyeball LDD routes when I bid. I keep 11 extra map tabs open for just that reason.
8751fbb481aceea39a85d349c4b64c39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My trip from KC to Detroit yesterday was figured at 45MPH. With shipping delays, construction and traffic, I made it with 15 mins to spare doing 70mph. Faster then I normally want to drive. But going home, and a growing tighter window gives me a little lead foot sometimes. May be I should find another profession

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In other news...

The 20 year old who cuts my grass, finally got his drivers permit 1-2 months ago. This happen yesterday. Driving 55 into a 35 school zone with backed up cars on wet roads and couldn't stop in time. Everyone's ok. Shaking my head and keeping my thoughts on it to my self...for now. But I'm sure I will be talking more about it next time I see him.

ed05b8ae98d637075c1f30b9342a86f1.png

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow ... hooked a whale for the weekend .. doing the long DH now .... pickup tomorrow

hauling freight from a Pond near you
And the Whale snapped the line 280 miles into my DH... .. sucks on a 2003 pm load... but my miles are getting paid ... plus now 250 miles from Home ... so the Clock is ticking ...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow ... hooked a whale for the weekend .. doing the long DH now .... pickup tomorrow

And the Whale snapped the line 280 miles into my DH... .. sucks on a 2003 pm load... but my miles are getting paid ... plus now 250 miles from Home ... so the Clock is ticking ...

Go home....

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well it was my turn. Sitting in Wyoming (Ontario lol) just finished a shorty as a favour, after asking Dispatch to try everybody else first.

Of course, this puts me in position for ring-around-the-lakes, that kept me busy two weeks straight last time