Heating / Cooling Maxxair Fan

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Always used fantastic fans but I really hate those god awful rain covers for them .. any of you guys have maxxair fans? I had 2 remote fantastic fans but inclement weather meant either closing them or changing my parking direction to prevent water from coming in.. that was after is discovered I could override the rain sensor ! I like the sleek appearance of maxxair but can they move as much air as a fantastic fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its an acquired taste, but I solved that by cutting my hole in the door or mounting in the window. No rain (on exhaust setting, hinge toward sky)

Reactions: in-Transit

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My last van had a Maxxair cover over a Fantastic Vent. The guy at Adohen said it might be too restrictive on high. I had no problems running it on low and medium.
MaxxAir.jpg
My current van I have a Fantastic Vent with a Fantastic Cover. The shape of the cover allows for the inside cover to open further.
fantastic cover.png

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its an acquired taste, but I solved that by cutting my hole in the door or mounting in the window. No rain (on exhaust setting, hinge toward sky)

I'm not sure if your genius or insane.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blowing into a 6 ft long by 3 foot long finished bunk, its kept me cool in the summer for 10 years now...I'll grab some pics before the CNG van goes

As far as insane...could you get a good night's sleep on top of these? 3600 psi of compressed natural gas, this was the floor of my sleeper
Cng tanks.JPG

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Another option:
Steel window vents (screened/louvered) 6 1/4" high
Roll window down/put in track/roll up
Safe and secure
From eurocamper.com and a portable fantastic air fan
(12' DC cord/2-3 amp draw)
from amazon.
Ran this hookup last 3 summers.

Last edited: