March of the ....

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Portland to Roseville, CA last night & this morning.

Needed to use my laptop to change a document, convert it to a pdf, upload it to the Adobe cloud, and get it printed at the Office Depot here. Go into Starbucks to use their WiFi, and perhaps buy one of their tasty brownies. WiFi, check. Power outlet for my laptop? Nope. I asked the barista why no power outlets, and he told me that homeless people would sit all day and use their phones without buying anything. What about people who are far from home and need just a little juice and WiFi? Especially ones that can afford their overpriced food in exchange for said power and WiFi? Oh well, guess I need to find a friendlier coffee shop

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
There's a bunch of other Starbucks in that area that will suit your needs ... seriously like a BUNCH..
If you need to shower, head to the Mike Shellito pool ... it's like $7. Swim a few laps while you're at it. If not, simply shower & go. That Pilot in Sacramento is one of the worst imo ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RedBird

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Touching far right(white) line on the highway in a windy weather warrants a stop and a warning "improper lane use" according to SC deputy sheriff.
I guess somebody was lonely last night on the highway.
I guess I was lucky to not be arrested for wreckless driving.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Touching far right(white) line on the highway in a windy weather warrants a stop and a warning "improper lane use" according to SC deputy sheriff.
I guess somebody was lonely last night on the highway.

Wow!
Speed trap area? Where exactly? The stretch of i85 between Greenville - Duncan is littered with cops ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: VSprinter

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not cheap, but I switched to Verizon Unlimited plan and now use my phone as a Wifi hotspot to use my PC in the van. Now I NEVER use public WiFi anymore - anywhere.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
As much as I'd like to dump Verizon for "cheaper" options, I've yet to find anyone that can beat their unlimited plan. Or at least make it worth wild to switch. If I didn't need internet/hotspot, (which I use a lot of) there are lots of other good choice options. But I'm not about to limit that or give it up. Which bugs me every time I look at the bill

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Once your turn your phone into a hotspot it is no longer unlimited - only 12 GB per month.
I waste that much bandwidth in 6 hours on Sunday streaming.

Never experienced that, but I only do the hotspot for maybe 20 minutes at the most at a time.

You young kids - streaming? The only streaming I do is down below now that I got my prostate fixed
11604.jpg

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
As much as I'd like to dump Verizon for "cheaper" options, I've yet to find anyone that can beat their unlimited plan. Or at least make it worth wild to switch. If I didn't need internet/hotspot, (which I use a lot of) there are lots of other good choice options. But I'm not about to limit that or give it up. Which bugs me every time I look at the bill

I'll show you mine if I can see yours! MrsWornOut & I = $238/month but that includes 2 phones and a tablet, all have a phone # attached. How we got talked into the tablet I don't know but a year to go on that contract.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not cheap, but I switched to Verizon Unlimited plan and now use my phone as a Wifi hotspot to use my PC in the van. Now I NEVER use public WiFi anymore - anywhere.

If only there was a way to get a discount on that monthly bill .. :D:rolleyes: