March into Spring 2020

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Happy Birthday to my son's Don Anderson (42) and Tim Anderson (Big 40). Twins
9mUkGvNzv3PdXSL57fPv8s3Pm3cDaCADsNlMm2HgMKGbRYzrqtnhlhS0UHb3x-qWFSD2kdpGHQpXfaORlWmWAZH8HdDA6OzYBrkvoWUrezigNVM_jRCm3dfWHT91_ScGAP2pLumn63qi

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rockin' & Rollin" to The Beatles " I Hear It's Your Birthday",
Traveling from San Diego to Big D, TX
Happy Birthday to my son's Don Anderson (42) and Tim Anderson (Big 40). Twins

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
Now , I understand why Your Wife always seems Mad at you .. . Geez she was in Labor for 2 years ...

sent from my Recliner..

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Staying with the Iowa theme...

I'm at the J in Evansdale Iowa.
I was schedule to head to Fort Worth Texas this morning, but I knew that wasn't going to work out.
I would have had only 6 hours left on my 70 with no more time coming back for 2 days.
I hated to do it, but needed to get off the load and take a +34 hour reset :rolleyes:

The last week went by pretty fast, my remaining hours even faster o_O
I soo didn't want to do a reset, but since I had no recap hours coming, I couldn't even run on recaps.

So I parked the RV and finally got around to installing and setting up my new CB.

The seemingly abundance of freight for T.T. reminds me of expediting in 2011 before it started its steady downward spiral :(

In the mean time, i'll be watcing this nasty looking snow pile slowly melt :JC-hysterical:

View attachment 19823
What is it with people not wanting to do a reset? I swear there are some who would rather drive 4 than get all of their hours back. To me, hours are hours. If you enjoy running hard, do resets. If you can survive on 8 hours/day, then run recaps. Both have the same brick wall, so neither is more beneficial than the other, numberwise.

Reactions: simplykelsi

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Nope it'll never happen lol :p (we're already 2 years in to regular autonomous deliveries, you just don't know about it)

Edit: oh sorry, we're mostly the under 10k crowd. Here ya go

Last edited:
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Nope it'll never happen lol :p (we're already 2 years in to regular autonomous deliveries, you just don't know about it)

Edit: oh sorry, we're mostly the under 10k crowd. Here ya go

That will go hand in hand with the thieves that steal packages off of porches. Now they can just go ahead and steal truck with the freight or just the freight off of the truck. Easy peasy. Lol

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That will go hand in hand with the thieves that steal packages off of porches. Now they can just go ahead and steal truck with the freight or just the freight off of the truck. Easy peasy. Lol
I was thinking angry former truck drivers would first...

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well got into my own truck yesterday. Did a local 35 mile run that delivered this morning. Ive been sitting at a truck stop all day though, just like in a sprinter!! But I got a drop and hook load tomorrow heading to Orlando so I’m excited for that!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Walk up the street to Junies Restaurant at the Road Ranger. Good food!
RR is owned by a Chilean oil co (I think). New stores are OK but the older ones, knot so much. I have noticed that since they disolved their PFJ fuel alliance that Pilot has been putting locations near RR existing locations. Also, being a gasser, their fuel is "Top Tier" rated.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And....... It's baaacck, Daylight Savings Time returns tonight. Clocks move forward for Sunday morning and Arizona, the only state that does not participate, will now match CA & NV time.

Oh sure , now you're messing with "My " normal sleep in till whenever I wake up mode ...
On today's schedule... new seat replacement onto my boat . Unlike WOM's Transit my boat is Comfortable going through " Deep Water " ..

sent from my Recliner..

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Oh sure , now you're messing with "My " normal sleep in till whenever I wake up mode ...
On today's schedule... new seat replacement onto my boat . Unlike WOM's Transit my boat is Comfortable going through " Deep Water " ..

sent from my Recliner..
Mine is fine if I don't open the doors

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

sent from my Recliner..
Mine is fine if I don't open the doors

I will force myself to get used to this Seat ..
Yes , I know the pickup needs a bath ..20200307_112551.jpeg

sent from my Recliner..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Destination? Is it time to take I-80, 90 & 94 to the Pacific Northwest again?

No thanks! For expedited solos, going out west is a lost cause .. unless you're confident your carrier will get you out. There's a big outfit in northern Cali sucking up loads within 200 mi at rates that are barley break even.

As a team in a van you guys are somewhat insulated. Not too many people want to cram into a sardine can with their spouse. You'll always be cheaper than a straight. So you can keep rolling ...

Besides the fact that my better half is practically convinced I have corona virus based on the cities I've been to recently, even thought I'm not sick. :dash2:

I told her not to worry ... I've never been famous but I could be infamous. :jester:
Breaking News: Man Possibly Contaminates Millions While Driving Thru 18+ States in 2 Week Span!