March - big money, big money - no whammys!!!

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Morning still no word from ford service ...
we too, have been fighting flu/cold for over a week...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
good morning gang...dang Kids...they are a germ center....LOL

since we moved to SD and no contact with kids....no colds...fact....JuJu used to get everything going back east with my kids and hers around...now...nothun....:)

Reactions: jujubeans

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
good morning gang...dang Kids...they are a germ center....LOL

since we moved to SD and no contact with kids....no colds...fact....JuJu used to get everything going back east with my kids and hers around...now...nothun....:)

The neighbor kids come over and play sometimes. Hacking, coughing, etc. Now this.....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sorry to hear everyone is sick but if you'll pardon the pun ... Sure hope Murray can "cough" up some goodies "noogies" for everyone! Lol

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for asking. She had her surgery last week Wednesday and was released the following day. They think they got everything but may need a few radiation treatments. She'll know for sure next Thursday at her follow up appointment. But she's doing great and her spirits are high. She's able to leave the house now and should be able to drive again soon. I've taken her out walking, shopping and to restaurants.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do like me some halibut. Atlantic halibut has been so overfished that it's very close to being on the Endangered list, though, and most of the halibut you'll find on the east coast is Pacific halibut shipped in from Washington, Oregon and California. In Eureka, CA and in some little fishing town in Oregon I've had halibut that the fishing boat docks at the restaurant and unloads the fish right there. In Maine I go for those lobster shacks. I was there back in August and wore it out. The McDonald's even had an $8 lobster roll that was surprisingly very tasty. The lobster meat, anyway. The roll had lettuce on it to compliment the lobster, whereas at a real lobster shack instead of lettuce you get lobster to compliment the lobster.

In Bangor you will find Dysart's Truck Stop. It's a winner. The restaurant is really good. Just up the road from Dysart's is the Bangor Auto and Truck Center where they welded the exhaust pipe where it rusted off the muffler,and dropped the tank and repaired a leaking fuel line return hose. Got me in and out very quickly.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well since Janet is driving, I can post now... The Magic 8 Ball worked, we got the "booked" text this morning... Laredo TX to Columbus IN - 125 lbs. - Deliver Direct... Janet was bummed about leaving her tropical paradise and I assured her we would have plenty more opportunities for her to enjoy the Laredo heat... :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But illegal in the ones you travel thru.. Is that allowed ?
Of course it is. Can you imagine having to re-tint your windows depending on in which state you're traveling? If everyone had to tint to the lowest common denominator, everyone would have to follow NH, NJ and VT and not have any tint at all, or certainly stay out of those states.

South Dakota, same as KY, allows for a pretty dark tint of 35% (the percent figure is the amount of light that must pass through), but not quite as dark as some of the southern states. MS is 28%, TX is 25%, FL is 28%. Montana, oddly enough, is 24%. The only one lower that MT is New Mexico at a nearly-dark 20%. Wisconsin is 50%, so you can go darker than the 70%, incidentally.

Iowa only allows 70%. I got pulled over in Iowa once because my windows were tinted too dark (also because I had no front license plate). Of course, by the time he was behind me and had his lights going, he realized I wasn't from Iowa, but he went ahead and pulled me over to let me know that if I ever move to Iowa that I had to have my windows retinted and that I'd need to display both front and rear license plates. So, it was just an FYI stop. :D

Reactions: TDave and Treadmill