March Banter and Location

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
Morning folks. Hope this week is good for everyone.

Chef I didn't have any luck in little rock maybe you can. If I would do it all over again I would of went to Memphis

I done the same run and after a few days sitting went to Little Rock, a few days later went to Memphis, a few days later finally picked up in Jackson, TN.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I done the same run and after a few days sitting went to Little Rock, a few days later went to Memphis, a few days later finally picked up in Jackson, TN.
I hate deadheading in the same direction that paying freight would also take me. I hate it, hate it, hate it. You have no idea how much I hate it, hate it, hate it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Yea, but i wouldn't give them 2 days in Little Rock, ill give up the paid move and move on my own as i will today...moving on my own dime has never been an issue for me...now that i think about it, there are those great deep fried bologna sandwiches in Olive Branch...:)....if i leave now, i can be there by 2230....mmmmmm....

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Having dinner.trying to.figure.out where to go stay for the night.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

Work4free

Active Expediter
It is amazing what those little creatures do to their grandpa's!!!

What about Birmingham, Al (457) miles from Shreveport........Memphis is 337 miles....Jackson, Tn another 85 miles....... we get lots of stuff out of Huntsville, Al.......1/2 way to Birmingham is Jackson,Ms......and have gotten freight from there with Load-1 also. everyone goes to Memphis, always a butt load of folks there.....expideters I mean:cool:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
What about Birmingham, Al (457) miles from Shreveport........Memphis is 337 miles....Jackson, Tn another 85 miles....... we get lots of stuff out of Huntsville, Al.......1/2 way to Birmingham is Jackson,Ms......and have gotten freight from there with Load-1 also. everyone goes to Memphis, always a butt load of folks there.....expideters I mean:cool:

I'll be #1 when i get there, (sorry dude) and i am actually going to Olive Branch, not the
"armpit" ...foods good, a good "karaoke" place... and i normally do well out of there...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Sitting at the yard. Did have a good round trip from Kalamazoo to Livonia back to Kalamazoo.

Made the drop in Livonia, but during the reload, the fork lift driver hit the top lip of the box with one of the pallets bending it all out of shape. Doors won't close and I made it back to the yard after securing them with wire ties and a block of wood.

Over to Utility in the am for repairs on the shippers nickel. I lost half of the load today, plus whatever I lose tomorrow. Maybe more if they can't get it done tomorrow.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sitting at the yard. Did have a good round trip from Kalamazoo to Livonia back to Kalamazoo.

Made the drop in Livonia, but during the reload, the fork lift driver hit the top lip of the box with one of the pallets bending it all out of shape. Doors won't close and I made it back to the yard after securing them with wire ties and a block of wood.

Over to Utility in the am for repairs on the shippers nickel. I lost half of the load today, plus whatever I lose tomorrow. Maybe more if they can't get it done tomorrow.

Steve,

Get with Bill in safety tomorrow. He can go to the shipper for down time pay.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Steve,

Get with Bill in safety tomorrow. He can go to the shipper for down time pay.

Will do. He and Vince know about it. I called them and dispatch when I saw the damage. Got the load here so it could be delivered.

Is there a bullseye on this truck that I can't see????

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Is there a bullseye on this truck that I can't see????

The last two years in my ST.
One forklift (about 3" taller than the box)...he hit it hard too,

left front fender hit twice in the truckstops (first one was pretty bad)

and the last one a t/ t tried to sqeeze up beside me in a truckstop and the overhang of his trailer (front corner) slammed the back of my box. He was hauling crushed cars. Took out the rear post and side panel. Cost me a 1300 mile load.

Not sure if there is a safe place.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

and the last one a t/ t tried to sqeeze up beside me in a truckstop and the overhang of his trailer (front corner) slammed the back of my box. He was hauling crushed cars. Took out the rear post and side panel. Cost me a 1300 mile load.

Yeah, but this is twice in less than two weeks!!!! Scares me what the third one will be.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Originally Posted by Rocketman

Yeah, but this is twice in less than two weeks!!!! Scares me what the third one will be.

Yep...you can avoid other trucks somewhat...hard to avoid the shippers and recievers tho...lol

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
In El Paso, things look pretty dead here. Not sure where to relocate to. Anyone have any suggestions?

Id sit tight in El paso at lease until they move you...we have a regular PU in Santa Teresa NM that will take you back to Chicago or to Taylor for a cross dock to Canada...