March 2019 .. Locations & More

guido4475

Not a Member
Now I know how Rodney Dangerfield felt. At the Denver Auto Show. Smaller show than some. Looking at a sweet ride and and talking to rep, asked what I did, said I was an expeditor, she walked away. No Respect!

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

That is a downfall of a Sprinter, is the fact that they start rusting badly before they are paid for. So sad for such an expensive vehicle. You think by now Mercedes would of corrected this known ongoing problem.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is a downfall of a Sprinter, is the fact that they start rusting badly before they are paid for. So sad for such an expensive vehicle. You think by now Mercedes would of corrected this known ongoing problem.

I believe they have. That’s why they are building the whole van here in the US now.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's really not that far to Nova Scotia but the "mountains" kill my gas mileage. 18 mpg there and back both, killer winds off the ocean, 19 F to 59 F temperatures in one drive.

My previous big "mountain" on the eastern side of the continent was that one in Tennessee, and various other ones in the south...but these constant middling climbs reduce MPG more than any other. I've never noticed a difference PA WV VA TN etc etc

New problem. Left at 7:30 am and drove straight thru...both legs and feet, ankles were swollen. Was talking to a nurse, only solution is to get out and walk every 2 hours...is this age? Never had an issue doing 500-600 miles a day for last 12 years. (Well Halifax Nova Scotia is a little farther than 600 miles)

I'll have to go back to pushing the van in a parking lot for that full body workout. Used to do that in the Captains baseball stadium parking lot in Eastlake OH with an E350

guido4475

Not a Member
It's really not that far to Nova Scotia but the "mountains" kill my gas mileage. 18 mpg there and back both, killer winds off the ocean, 19 F to 59 F temperatures in one drive.

My previous big "mountain" on the eastern side of the continent was that one in Tennessee, and various other ones in the south...but these constant middling climbs reduce MPG more than any other. I've never noticed a difference PA WV VA TN etc etc

New problem. Left at 7:30 am and drove straight thru...both legs and feet, ankles were swollen. Was talking to a nurse, only solution is to get out and walk every 2 hours...is this age? Never had an issue doing 500-600 miles a day for last 12 years. (Well Halifax Nova Scotia is a little farther than 600 miles)

I'll have to go back to pushing the van in a parking lot for that full body workout. Used to do that in the Captains baseball stadium parking lot in Eastlake OH with an E350

The Captain's stadium??? My home and stomping grounds.

Swollen body parts? Welcome to the repercussions of doing this job over time. It catches up with us. Blood clots are also just as likely as swollen legs, etc. Gotta move.

Thats why I shake my head in disbelief when I read of drivers like Ntime bragging about all this hard running hes doing, when in all reality, hes slowly killing himself. Mark my words, blood clots can happen to anyone, regardless of age and weight. Its more about physical activity. And the lack of. Its a silent killer. Theres only so hard I will run loadwise. Pace yourself. Any load isnt worth dying over, and if I feel myself cramping up, I stop and walk. Just me being home and being more active has made me feel so much better in so many ways. Take care of yourself first, because companies dont care about us, just the bottom dollar.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Captain's stadium??? My home and stomping grounds.

Swollen body parts? Welcome to the repercussions of doing this job over time. It catches up with us. Blood clots are also just as likely as swollen legs, etc. Gotta move.

Thats why I shake my head in disbelief when I read of drivers like Ntime bragging about all this hard running hes doing, when in all reality, hes slowly killing himself. Mark my words, blood clots can happen to anyone, regardless of age and weight. Its more about physical activity. And the lack of. Its a silent killer. Theres only so hard I will run loadwise. Pace yourself. Any load isnt worth dying over, and if I feel myself cramping up, I stop and walk. Just me being home and being more active has made me feel so much better in so many ways. Take care of yourself first, because companies dont care about us, just the bottom dollar.
For real! You're from Eastlake! I spent a week there one day. :pokepoke:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I actually did start to think I lived there, since I slept there 4 days a week

Now at a mall exercising. Did 4 runs up and down the stairs too

Its scary, legs down felt like an overstretched water balloon when I stopped

Reactions: guido4475

guido4475

Not a Member
For real! You're from Eastlake! I spent a week there one day. :pokepoke:

Yes, Im born and raised Lake County. Ya shoulda let me know when you are here. I could of taken you to dinner, even the petticoat junction, if thats you're thing....lol...

Or, I could of called my high school friends who are in law enforcement around here.. they could of searched your van, cuffed and stuffed you, as a joke. OVM was so close to having that happening one night while sleeping at a local Walmart here, but they didnt have the time...lol.

Time to go into Anytime Fitness and make myself cry like an infant in public. ....