March 2019 .. Locations & More

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh yeah after yesterday’s blow and that’s all we got was the high winds and 0 visibility out here.
Today’s weather warning from the service that it might hamper the evening rush hour??!!! Lol

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol, this escaped me due to truck size...all you larger vehicles eyeing Canada's market, this is for you

I'd say what I thought of it, but I just applied for federal security clearance ;)

Edit: upon further review, this might be the deciding factor against a 5 ton. Interesting choice, program is administered by our IRS

"In addition to penalties, a person may be prosecuted for failing to file or make a return and is subject, on summary conviction, to a fine between C$2,000 and C$40,000 and/or imprisonment up to 12 months."

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wind is the road hazard that rattles me the most.

Y'all be careful out there!!
Wind is wind. Snow and ice are snow and ice. Wind combined with snow and ice tends to rattle me. I passed on a load to northwestern Minnesota today because of blizzard conditions. A few hours later I got a load to Franklin Park. Had rain and wind which I prefer over snow and wind. 24 less miles but better road conditions and much better odds of getting another load tomorrow.

Road Pirate

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator

Road Pirate

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
You'd think FedEx would have been the first clue for megas...
Right! I really do feel these are the things that need done...good for them for sticking it out...these big companies always try to flex. Problem is, because they're big, people just figure, screw it, I'll never win...just like there's dipshit drivers and shipping /recieving clerks that are know it all, shisters, lawyers are not exempt from this rule.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wind is wind. Snow and ice are snow and ice. Wind combined with snow and ice tends to rattle me. I passed on a load to northwestern Minnesota today because of blizzard conditions. A few hours later I got a load to Franklin Park. Had rain and wind which I prefer over snow and wind. 24 less miles but better road conditions and much better odds of getting another load tomorrow.

I can see snow & ice, can't see wind.
Also wind gusts, it's more unpredictable.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm Swift just found out the difference between dependent and independent contractor
Wow $100 million! "All told, approximately 19,000 current and former Swift drivers may be eligible to join the class. That means an average payout of approximately $5,000 per class member." Um, let's see. I better take my shoes off for this one. $100,000, 000 ÷ 19,000 = $5,263. Yep, that's approximately $5,000 per class member. Apparently the law firm that brought about this class action suit is doing it pro bono. What a wonderful group of attorneys! o_O

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welp, at least we got out of the Other Carolina , but now we’re in Laredo . We’ll see how it goes; we haven’t been here in a couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

To my shock and delight, we got out of Laredo the next morning! 1800 miles and 26 lbs, to the Buffalo area. Was supposed to get a home load (actually to Jersey, but 100 miles too far is close enough), but the shipper decided to send it on Monday, so we came home on our own dime. Only 250 miles, won’t kill us

There’s a shudder to investigate; my first thought is a U-joint. Soon as the coffee kicks in, I’ll go get it looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums