March 2019 .. Locations & More

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hmmm ... second guesses anyone ...View attachment 18717

He’s worn out from posting.
I miss him .......
He made EO a lively place again.
I think Turtle should contact him to find out why he left so abruptly, of course Turtle is himself MIA.
Fortunately, I've missed the whole SoG extravaganza.
No, not really..... you would have liked hiim.... i know i did.
It was a lively few days to say the least.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, not really..... you would have liked hiim.... i know i did.
It was a lively few days to say the least.

No, really...... i looked forward to his small straight truck exploits.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately what we do isn't rocket science. Think of what we add to someone whos been bidding on his freight as an independent from at least 8 places since day 1. Not much.

This may get a cranky pushback but I'm cranky myself. Yet again, payday comes and goes with no pay. Had a run all set up this morning too, until I asked why my bank account was empty and got ghosted

This is a management trick designed to make sure you can't actually receive your 2 week pay and quit. They want to hold back for 90 days. They already have holdback, but, more holdback is better right?

Enough.

(Edit: for the confused, I'm on direct deposit. Have been for 12 years. Except when they unilaterally decide im not and mail a check - after I ask, not before - and of course no one is answering from the office all of Friday or today...)

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But thats part of the Expediting Problem.
First , You were Driving a Regular Str8 truck , so the Van segment is way different.
2nd , he was Exploiting the Van into a small Str8 segment. Its NOT ALL Tulips and Roses like SoG or The You Tube idiots make it out to be . I HAVE FIRST HAND Experience back in 2009 with a brand new Ford DRW 14 ft box cube under 10,000 GVW. Yes the Small company i was leased to out of Chicago talked me into using Ramps to be Dock High . Yes the extra money was nice , but the ramps , shippers , receivers , avoiding any possible scales was Stressful and i actually felt guilty of Cheating the System. After 6 months i sold the 14 ft cube to another of his O/OP ...
I guess i just find the Expediting Life easier when Someone is not trying to Exploit New People into this Business when so many are going Belly Up ..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First , You were Driving a Regular Str8 truck , so the Van segment is way different.
2nd , he was Exploiting the Van into a small Str8 segment. Its NOT ALL Tulips and Roses like SoG or The You Tube idiots make it out to be . I HAVE FIRST HAND Experience back in 2009 with a brand new Ford DRW 14 ft box cube under 10,000 GVW. Yes the Small company i was leased to out of Chicago talked me into using Ramps to be Dock High . Yes the extra money was nice , but the ramps , shippers , receivers , avoiding any possible scales was Stressful and i actually felt guilty of Cheating the System. After 6 months i sold the 14 ft cube to another of his O/OP ...
I guess i just find the Expediting Life easier when Someone is not trying to Exploit New People into this Business when so many are going Belly Up ..

Oh I agree with that. But as soon as he can afford his own vehicle, whatever it is, he's set.

Look at me. 12 years, over a million miles and I've never bid on freight. I have no contacts. I have no authority. He's got more experience as a noob than I do

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh I agree with that. But as soon as he can afford his own vehicle, whatever it is, he's set.

Look at me. 12 years, over a million miles and I've never bid on freight. I have no contacts. I have no authority. He's got more experience as a noob than I do
In His Own Mind .... he has 6 months Experience..
There is alot of EO members that have 10 ,12 , 20 years of Driving Expedite experience . Many but not ALL would tell you that they still Learn something New in this Business..
I look at it like when we were 17 to 25 years old . The term " Beer Balls " ...give us a couple Beers and we could do anything.
If you don't stay On Top of your costs , maintenance, Vehicle replacement this Expediting Business will Bite You in the Backside ...

Reactions: guido4475

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Just the fact that he brought a different and active voice to our site was refreshing.

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: Perioodic

guido4475

Not a Member

In His Own Mind .... he has 6 months Experience..
There is alot of EO members that have 10 ,12 , 20 years of Driving Expedite experience . Many but not ALL would tell you that they still Learn something New in this Business..
I look at it like when we were 17 to 25 years old . The term " Beer Balls " ...give us a couple Beers and we could do anything.
If you don't stay On Top of your costs , maintenance, Vehicle replacement this Expediting Business will Bite You in the Backside ...

Exactly. Right on the money. And amazing how many are clueless what their cost per mile is, even broken down by category, or one breakdown away from bankruptcy, operating on a string.

Reactions: ntimevan