March 2017 this and that.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter

That truck to me screams late 80's or early 90's. it's way cooler than my first truck
0871d49c186362f2fe4d8b8dc025c4a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That truck to me screams late 80's or early 90's. it's way cooler than my first truck
0871d49c186362f2fe4d8b8dc025c4a7.jpg

I drove one of those cab over Int'l... that was a good stuff, the training was done with White GMC's built in early 70's I believe... I remember they had no power steering and it was a great "pleasure" to drive it...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could say that

Among other things I found today, came across a picture of my first rookie truck. Ain't she a beauty :D

View attachment 15485
JB old cab-over! How long ago was this? 70's?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Actually, not that long ago 1994.

Conventional Trucks were just starting to enter the fleet and were only available for trainers who got the double bunk high rise ones. The rest of us got to stay in the dog house :rolleyes:

Besides living in a dog house, the worse part was having maintenance done. You can just image what happens on the inside, when the outside looks like this :eek:

open.jpg

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Well crap..Completely lost yesterday morning. Crossed into West Virginia about 5:30 am and the first bridge deck I hit blows out the left front headlight, both hi and low beam. Finnished the load make it too the TA truck stop about 8amand find a broken wire inside the plug. Thinking it will be easy fix I remove the wire and pin from the harness plug, thinking I could get the TA shop to solder a length of wire to it..Well that didn't happen as shop rules prohibit them from using anything that can cause a fire. :eek: :(.
2pm I finally get the headlight working with a small tactical repair in case I had gotten a load.. Never seen daylight after that until now.. Now to do up a pot of coffee and then off to the freightliner dealer to see how much I can spend on a headlight..

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well crap..Completely lost yesterday morning.
Now to do up a pot of coffee and then off to the freightliner dealer to see how much I can spend on a headlight..[/SIZE]

You won't believe how much you can spend for a headlight... One of my drivers had a light out and since he didn't know how to replace it, I sent him to a GoodYear shop. Believe it or not, they asked for $114. I said "guys, we're talking about a bulb, not the whole lamp". Then I sent the guy to a Dodge dealer and after some negotiations, they charged me 50 bucks. At Auto Zone a bulb like that costs about $15...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Well crap..Completely lost yesterday morning.
Now to do up a pot of coffee and then off to the freightliner dealer to see how much I can spend on a headlight..[/SIZE]

You won't believe how much you can spend for a headlight... One of my drivers had a light out and since he didn't know how to replace it, I sent him to a GoodYear shop. Believe it or not, they asked for $114. I said "guys, we're talking about a bulb, not the whole lamp". Then I sent the guy to a Dodge dealer and after some negotiations, they charged me 50 bucks. At Auto Zone a bulb like that costs about $15...

Wish it was as easy as a bulb..I carry pleanty if those..
Beyond the broken wire I cobbled back up.. Inside the headlight assembly are more wires that have either burned or are shorting out? I don't want to disassemble the headlamp assembly out here on the road or until I have enough parts to do a overhaul on the assembly. Doing a quick search for a complete headlight assembly online I'm finding $110 up to $150..

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting to unload in Eugene OR.

Met an O/O yesterday while picking up a load, he offered 1.50 a mile to drive for him. Huh?

Just met for the first time we parted and no further details, something is not right about this offer......Lol.....