Major snowstorm expected

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
– Sun Jan 30, 12:28 pm ET
CHICAGO (Reuters) – A massive storm system bringing heavy snow, sleet, and freezing rain could potentially impact 100 million people as it slams the Rockies, Plains, and Midwest regions early this week before traveling to the eastern seaboard Wednesday, according to forecasts on Sunday.

Freezing rain is expected to develop Sunday night and continue through Monday, producing a light grazing of ice that could lead to dangerous travel conditions in the central states, the National Weather Service said, but the primary storm system will hit early Tuesday and continue through Tuesday night.

The storm's "stripe of snow" will move eastward across the central plains and into the Ohio Valley and touch parts of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois and Indiana, according to a mapped forecast of the storm's February 1 movements on Weather.com.

"This storm will produce significant impacts across a large portion of the central United States," the National Weather Service said, and some areas could experience snowfall of more than six inches, according to Weather.com

Then, after slamming the Plains and Midwest, the storm will move into the Appalachians, Mid-Atlantic, and New England regions early Wednesday morning, Groundhog Day, with conditions improving early Thursday.

The heaviest snow is expected across the interior northeast from Pennsylvania into upstate New York and New England, according to mid-week forecasts on Weather.com.

As the storm builds on Monday, though, the band of heaviest snowfall is expected in parts of southwest and northeast Missouri, including central sections of the state, which will receive between six inches and a foot of snowfall and winds between 20 and 30 m.p.h., according to the National Weather service.

(Reporting by Eric Johnson; Editing by Jerry Norton)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It snows in winter, but we are ready for it!! This is always good information. The more we know about conditions the better.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
It snows in winter, but we are ready for it!! This is always good information. The more we know about conditions the better.

Well if your coming back through Ohio and into Michigan, the last I heard at 0700 Hrs. This morning was that we in Toledo can expect 4 inches on Tuesday and about 8-10 inches on Wednesday. The weather lady on Channel 13 also said that these numbers will be changing the closer it gets and we could get more.:eek: Hope that helps ya..Be safe out there.

desync0

Expert Expediter
I'm going to have fun Tuesday night!

10-15" in SE Michigan, further south in to Ohio, it turns to sleet and freezing rain.

Ohwell, back to the winter's we used to get lol Hopefully the news does a good job of scaring the 4 wheelers so they stay home!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We are expecting just rain and a little freezing rain (which isn't ever good) here in the metro Cincinnati area.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
gonna be -21 in Denver Tuesday night. Little to cold for this Ga boy. ;)

@ home ...-29 with the windchill value added....just a little nippy...lol

from Weather Service:
BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS ARE EXPECTED. 25 BELOW TO 50 BELOW ZERO WIND CHILLS WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY MORNING.

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
well, anyone traveling in my home area { effingham, il } be careful. we are expecting up to an inch of ice this evening and tomorrow followed by up to a foot and in some areas 18" of snow tuesday night into wednesday.

we dropped sat, close to home so we came on in to the house. if we dont get out early today we will probably stay and ride out the storm. anyone has any problems close to here and end up stranded, the door is open. pm us and we will do what we can

EVERYONE BE SAFE OUT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well, anyone traveling in my home area { effingham, il } be careful. we are expecting up to an inch of ice this evening and tomorrow followed by up to a foot and in some areas 18" of snow tuesday night into wednesday.

we dropped sat, close to home so we came on in to the house. if we dont get out early today we will probably stay and ride out the storm. anyone has any problems close to here and end up stranded, the door is open. pm us and we will do what we can

I'd make the same offer, but alittle off the beaten path...but the door is open...

BE safe everyone....don't try and be a hero...no one really cares if you are ontime, except inconsiderate people....

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I feel so bad that I'm missing all this weather.Since my truck is still in the shop with a faulty EGR cooler,new one they got was the wrong one,there was an upgrade and mine is still the original,so now they are checking the bone yards.
Guess I'm not going need a co driver,but maybe a part time job,with extremely high pay

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel so bad that I'm missing all this weather.Since my truck is still in the shop with a faulty EGR cooler,new one they got was the wrong one,there was an upgrade and mine is still the original,so now they are checking the bone yards.
Guess I'm not going need a co driver,but maybe a part time job,with extremely high pay

At least the timing is good..you won't be tempted to go out and play in it....lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd make the same offer, but alittle off the beaten path...but the door is open...

BE safe everyone....don't try and be a hero...no one really cares if you are ontime, except inconsiderate people....

Thanks Ken, but if it is going to be THAT cold maybe you should close the door for now and only open it when someones needs let in!! :p

wombat52

Veteran Expediter

beauty mate if i get up that way will call in if the storm gets to bad but here in dallas it is clear at the moment

limeymike

Seasoned Expediter
4" on the ground here at the 'J' in Sioux Falls. Another 3-4" in the next 24 hours with a strong wind to blow it around. This city has its **** together, ploughing is like a military operation.