M2 problems

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
FL finally came up with a Mystery repair. By Mystery repair I mean the dealer was instructed to do the procedure but not make a record of it in any way.I was told (off the record)that it involved stepping up the fuel pressure.The only real cure would involve a re-design of the computer.This is supposed to be in the works.
The whole experiance has left a bad taste in my mouth,and I doubt that I will ever buy a FL again.Allways had good luck with Internationals,and must have been out of my mind to have bought FL.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The fix that they came up with for mine was to lower the RPM's to 625 from 740. Must say that it work's for most of the problem. I guess I was lucky I was only down five weeks total for that adjustment. Now if I could only get the air conditioner to work right I would be in pig heaven.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Oh we have had pleanty of AC problems also.After 3 leaks being ran down,the teck said it was because they are made out of "old bear cans"

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Between the Sprinter posts and the M2 problems I starting to wonder if they build anything for OTR. They really need to start testing there product before entering into the market.
Five weeks for one repair is an outrage. Sounds like the A/C problems are just as bad with the M2 as they were on the FL70.
As related to other posts, they need to get a better parts network as well.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well, this may (or may not) be a good fix to the Sprinter issue. The problem I understand is related to idiling.

We will have the only company in the WORLD - that has developed a generator for the Sprinters at this years Expedite Expo.

http://www.expediteexpo.com/2004/index.html

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

ole driver

Expert Expediter
I took delivery a new Sterling with the MBE900@280 hp. at about 2weeks it started to miss at idle the problum was found and fixed in 45 min
It was an air leak in the fuel system At #5 or #6 injector
I wes told about half of these engines are comming from the factory with this problum. The fix is to titen the nut on the offending injector:+ ;)

sandra50

Expert Expediter
IM having a problem with the lemon laws sites all I read is for vehicle under 1o,ooo lbs I have researched it for two days and trying to find a lawyers is unreal The sad part is I have to see the site flash before me saying trust us well i did Then to discover it has a bad name with oodia. No cooperation within the system I know you are going to ask who but right now i have to be silent or try it is very hard to do.I know you guys talked about the lemon law , so i know if its for cars they cant discriminate against trucks if so we have to look hard at these truck dealers:(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Lemon laws vary from state to state so giving very specific information can be hard. The first place to start is call your states attorney general. (in white pages under government) and also the better business bureau. ooida deals more with regulations and lease issues. When looking at ooida's web site, they have plenty of class action lawsuits and litigation with carriers but not with dealers or manufacturers.
That should at least give you a starting point:)
Davekc

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
>I took delivery a new Sterling with the MBE900@280 hp. at
>about 2weeks it started to miss at idle the problum was
>found and fixed in 45 min
>It was an air leak in the fuel system At #5 or #6 injector
>I wes told about half of these engines are comming from the
>factory with this problum. The fix is to titen the nut on
>the offending injector:+ ;)

This is what I was talking about I hope your leak happens when you are near the house. ( I hope you don't have one at all, but if you do let it be at the house )

The Temp.code on mine will happen if I restart my truck and go right into gear and pull away I get the light for a couple of seconds.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Okay peoples here we will continue with da m2.
This time I have had it in the shop because we freeze our fannys off when sitting for a while, truck goes down to about 125 degrees. Freightliners / MB says that they are aware of the problem, and have a kit that will help. I will let you know how it works out and how much it costs when I find out.
We will only wait for the fix on Karin( she has the flu ) before we go out again, hopefully when we next come to the house we can get the truck to heat up

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Notice they charge you for a kit to fix THEIR problem? If I were you, I'd check to see if they have a recall first. Let THEM foot the bill.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
They have yet to say who's going to pay, I won't raise a stink until I hear who's paying. So far they have treated me fairly, Lets just hope that they continue to do so.