Love's fuel desks

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I have made 2 complaints on Love's website about the location off I-24 in Calvert City , KY having the person attending the fuel desk also responsible for cleaning the showers .
This past week I was in the Love's on I-71 in Sanders , KY and had the same problem . The cashier at the fuel desk was there when I went in and took my rewards card and gave me the shower key but when I returned there were drivers waiting at the desk and no employee in sight .
There were several employees roaming around the store telling each other someone had to go to the fuel desk . I got my rewards card back , got a coffee , went to the cash register at the front of the store and it was unattended .
What is particularly interesting is the instructions on the "Express Shower" sign next to the unattended fuel desk . It says to get a number from the fuel desk then get a bite to eat or just relax until your number is called . Relax ? Drivers don't have the Love's employee mindset
Get a bite to eat ? Now think about that . A driver goes to the restaurant , gets his meal , and his shower is ready as he sits down . Does he gulp his meal down and rush to the shower ? No , he takes his time , increasing the time before that shower is available again .
To me it appears Love's causes deliberate delays to get people to wander around and spend money . They ignore the fact that the drivers at the fuel desk have pulled up past the pump and need to get back out so the next driver fueling can pull up and avoid delaying the driver behind him .
But what is the alternative if we are dissatisfied with Love's ? Dozens of negative posts have been written regarding Pilot showers . Service at the Flying J has declined since Pilot took over . I have had pretty good experiences at T/A's and Petros but that varies from location to location .

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
This is nothing new. There are a few Loves that seem to keep up but most are like this. My reaction was to avoid loves in favor of TA, Petro, and Flying J. I seldom used Pilot too, but that was because of extra charge credit card issues. I guess that I would probably have issues with Flying J now that they are owned by Pilot but maybe not.

Monty

Expert Expediter
The best advice I can offer is to vote with your feet.

Spend your money elsewhere ..... why reward bad business practices with your dollars?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
The best advice I can offer is to vote with your feet.

Spend your money elsewhere ..... why reward bad business practices with your dollars?

That was the advice a Pilot cashier told me all the showers were being used . I said " No , they're not . I just saw the key box full of keys . You just haven't cleaned them ." He told me if I didn't like it to take it down the road .

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I understand your point but this happens everywhere.

I had to deal with a Pilot where the manager and assistant manager were talking while restocking shelves at the same time there was one girl on the counter taking care of all the customers with the POS system was down. Every comdata card had to be called in to get fuel, to get the pumps turned on for fuel was 45 minutes and once you were in line at the pumps, you could not move. Finally with all these truckers mulling around and acting p*ssed off, I was the only one to step over to the manager and told his "sorry ****ing a** to get over there and help us out". I got looks and a comment or two about how uncalled for my language was from the same truckers who stood there and looked stupid.

Remember these companies don't hire customer service experts, they hire people who fill employment holes and may not be the best at what they do or really give a crap.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
But Pilot listens to us . Did you see the signs saying "WE LISTENED TO YOU ! CHALLENGE MAGAZINE IS NOW FREE ! "
Yeah , no kidding . Nobody was willing to pay for it . They are lucky if they can give it away .

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
My son has been an 18 wheeler pilot now for 8 years, he recommends a 1/2 pint of ur favorite whiskey just to get through the ordeal of paying for fuel and food at a trkstop, IHHO.:D

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I fixed the problems I was having with Pilot/Flying J and Loves. I joined NASTC in order to get their fuel discounts and now I fuel at Petro/TA. I seldom have any issues. You do have to be careful of some of the older TA's when it comes to showers though. Getting fuel hasn't been a problem at all.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I applaud anyone who takes the time to write to corporate with their concerns. Will it help? Who knows, but it's still the right thing to do.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I fixed the problems I was having with Pilot/Flying J and Loves. I joined NASTC in order to get their fuel discounts and now I fuel at Petro/TA. I seldom have any issues. You do have to be careful of some of the older TA's when it comes to showers though. Getting fuel hasn't been a problem at all.
I like using the same rewards card for T/A and Petro and getting reward points for repair costs .

windjamer

Seasoned Expediter
th.:(

ey all suck half the time my comdata card want work at pump got to go stand in line to get it cut on then go back inside get reciept man that sux when u r on a coputer log book

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
Since Flying J management states PLAINLY they are not a "truck stop". They consider their business a "travel plaza" that just happens to sell fuel for big trucks.I just don't use them. Even though they are considered our #1 pick for fuel.