Lottery winner found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I'll answer that. Yes, "being gay" is a choice. "Being gay" isn't a matter of what you are; gay is what you do.
Now, not beating cancer, that's hardly a choice.

Really? Who chooses to be part of a persecuted minority?

are12

Expert Expediter
There are 2 reasons people become addicts one is to cover pain and the other is they developed an addiction through recreational use. The recreational user that developed an addiction is easier to get clean because the one covering pain needs to deal with a physical addiction and psychological issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Do you really believe that?? With some drugs, no matter what reason they started using, the addict has the same physical and psychological issues.

I am wondering the same thing xiggi is, have you ever had an addiction or had anyone close to you that has? Just asking....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Really? Who chooses to be part of a persecuted minority?
Crazy choice, yes, but having sex with someone of your own sex is a choice, unless we're talking about rape, which is a different matter. The sexual urge is powerful and hard to resist.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
AGAIN ITS NOT A CHOICE...HOW WOULD YOU KNOW.... ARE YOU GAY AMONGER??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

Two reasons: God says homosexuality is a sin. Ergo, it's not inborn. So either the propensity to engage in homosexual acts is voluntary or at the very least, that makes the act itself a sin.
Second, reason itself demands that conclusion. If we're not talking about rape (and we're not), and were not talking about two naked guys in a locker room who somehow slip on the wet floor ending up joined together (and we've not), then the congress of their sex organs was voluntary--a choice.
It's the same with alcoholism; say what you will about the compulsion or propensity or whatever, pottying alcohol down one's gullet is a choice.
:censoredsign:gotry is as :censoredsign:gotry does, that's what my mama always told me.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Two reasons: God says homosexuality is a sin. Ergo, it's not inborn. So either the propensity to engage in homosexual acts is voluntary or at the very least, that makes the act itself a sin.
Second, reason itself demands that conclusion. If we're not talking about rape (and we're not), and were not talking about two naked guys in a locker room who somehow slip on the wet floor ending up joined together (and we've not), then the congress of their sex organs was voluntary--a choice.
It's the same with alcoholism; say what you will about the compulsion or propensity or whatever, pottying alcohol down one's gullet is a choice.
:censoredsign:gotry is as :censoredsign:gotry does, that's what my mama always told me.[/

Didn't your God create us all as sinners?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
God says....god says...god says...LETS TALK REALITY.. not some guy in the sky...if you are NOT gay how would you know..IF YOU ARE NOT GAY...HOW DO YOU KNOW....IF YOU ARE NOT GAY HOW DO YOU KNOW..BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID?? How would you know if its a choice(which it is not)...YOU WERE BORN STRAIGHT (narrow minded also) .......NEWS FLASH ........PEOPLE ARE BORN GAY...just as people are born straight..white black Asian..blue eyes..brown eyes....i know your religion dosent like science or facts...take this to the bank !!!!!!..thats is REALITY THAT IS FACT!!!!!.....PEOPLE ARE BORN GAY...

BigCat

Expert Expediter
The only reason gay and lesbians say they were born that way is for the mere fact they want people to accept there is nothing wrong with their lifestyle. I could be gay if I wanted but I don't want to. I "Choose" to be straight.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The only reason gay and lesbians say they were born that way is for the mere fact they want people to accept there is nothing wrong with their lifestyle. I could be gay if I wanted but I don't want to. I "Choose" to be straight.

Well, I don't think you choose to be straight; you just don't choose to commit homosexual acts. And homosexuals could make the same choice, if they wanted to. It might be difficult for them, but they could.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
How would you know if its a choice(which it is not)...
So you're saying that some uncontrollable force bends one guy over and then forces another guy to insert (end of sentence omitted for decency's sake). Because if it's not a choice, it's either rape or some other kind of force. There aren't very many options here.
YOU WERE BORN STRAIGHT
That is to say normal. A sinner, yes, but not a homosexual because I don't choose to have sex with another man. Get that? I don't choose to, while those we call homosexuals do choose to.
(narrow minded also) .......NEWS FLASH ........PEOPLE ARE BORN GAY...
They may be born with a defect that causes them to desire to commit homosexual acts or have emotional attraction to other men. Maybe. Or maybe it's environmental. I've heard of studies supporting both theories. Nevertheless, if one man decides to act on those defective urges, he chose to do so.
just as people are born straight..white black Asian..blue eyes..brown eyes....i know your religion dosent like science or facts.
no, being Asian or having brown eyes is a matter of what you are. :censoredsign:gotry is a matter of what you do.
Are people born bank robbers? Does anyone come out of the womb a bank robber? No, even if he has a temptation to rob a bank at an early age, he's not a bank robber until he actually chooses to do it.
Same thing.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What if people, just like many others in the animal kingdom, are, in fact born gay, and that it turns out that the vast majority of abortions are with gay fetuses? Such a quandary that would be.

Pro Life + Pro Death Penalty = Pro Crastinator

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, I don't think you choose to be straight; you just don't choose to commit homosexual acts. And homosexuals could make the same choice, if they wanted to. It might be difficult for them, but they could.

I've never known anyone to define homosexuality as a black/white matter of committing sexual acts - but since you insist, let me ask:
Are convicts homosexual if they only do it while in prison, and never when free?
Is one considered hetero if they want desperately to engage in sex [or just a loving relationship] with a person of the same sex, but are too afraid to ever act on it?
Is a person homosexual if they tried it a couple times [out of curiosity, or whatever] and decided it wasn't for them? What if it was just once? And they were so drunk they didn't really realize? Or tripping on acid, and thought the other person was the opposite sex - does that make them homosexual? What if it happened during an alcoholic blackout and they never remember doing it?
:confused:

Just wondering how you explain it, is all.

moose

Veteran Expediter
What God created was good. Man chose to sin. Hey, kind of like how some choose to sin now! What a coincidence.
It's all gods fault. god promise man a women in every corner of the worlds - then he created a round earth.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's all gods fault. god promise man a women in every corner of the worlds - then he created a round earth.

He did not!!

vierkanteaarde.jpg

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I've never known anyone to define homosexuality as a black/white matter of committing sexual acts - but since you insist, let me ask:
Are convicts homosexual if they only do it while in prison, and never when free?
Is one considered hetero if they want desperately to engage in sex [or just a loving relationship] with a person of the same sex, but are too afraid to ever act on it?
Is a person homosexual if they tried it a couple times [out of curiosity, or whatever] and decided it wasn't for them? What if it was just once? And they were so drunk they didn't really realize? Or tripping on acid, and thought the other person was the opposite sex - does that make them homosexual? What if it happened during an alcoholic blackout and they never remember doing it?
:confused:

Just wondering how you explain it, is all.

IMHO if they are doing it while in prison it is still an act of homosexuality. Even if you try it once it is still homosexuality. Any intercourse between a same sex couple is homosexuality.

That is just how I see it,maybe not everyone else, but me.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So you're saying that some uncontrollable force bends one guy over and then forces another guy to insert (end of sentence omitted for decency's sake). Because if it's not a choice, it's either rape or some other kind of force. There aren't very many options here.
That is to say normal. A sinner, yes, but not a homosexual because I don't choose to have sex with another man. Get that? I don't choose to, while those we call homosexuals do choose to.

They may be born with a defect that causes them to desire to commit homosexual acts or have emotional attraction to other men. Maybe. Or maybe it's environmental. I've heard of studies supporting both theories. Nevertheless, if one man decides to act on those defective urges, he chose to do so.
no, being Asian or having brown eyes is a matter of what you are. :censoredsign:gotry is a matter of what you do.
Are people born bank robbers? Does anyone come out of the womb a bank robber? No, even if he has a temptation to rob a bank at an early age, he's not a bank robber until he actually chooses to do it.
Same thing.

Why would anybody want to be gay and be a lesser person as you religious wackos define them..... NARROW MINDED THINKING

Status
Not open for further replies.