lord stanleys cup

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is always good to see an "Original 6" team win the Cup. The rest of those "other places" don't even belong in the league!! If you don't have "real ice" in the winter in your city you should not even have a hockey team. Good for Chicago.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i am not certain what the alignment of the stars were but the cubs, sox, fire and hawks all won last nite.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From this hockey blowhard, I mean hockey diehard, Congrats to the Blackhawks!!:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

WOO-HOO!!!
That's almost as good as the Sox winning the World Series...almost.

WAY better than winning the World Series!! Much HARDER to do as well!! I love it when a REAL Original 6 team with COOL looking uniforms win!! (uni's that look cool are important!!) :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is always good to see an "Original 6" team win the Cup. The rest of those "other places" don't even belong in the league!! If you don't have "real ice" in the winter in your city you should not even have a hockey team. Good for Chicago.

I feel the NHL needs to realign so one of the divisions is nothing BUT " original 6 ". What do you guys think? :p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only problem with that is you will then never again have an all "Original 6" Stanley Cup Final. How sad would that be? I say make all of the rest of the league "minor league" teams and make the REAL teams, the "Original 6" teams, the league. That is how it was meant to be from the beginning of time! ;)

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
The only problem with that is you will then never again have an all "Original 6" Stanley Cup Final. How sad would that be? I say make all of the rest of the league "minor league" teams and make the REAL teams, the "Original 6" teams, the league. That is how it was meant to be from the beginning of time! ;)

st louis
minnie
l.a.
s.f
denver
cleveland

interesting there is still no cup winner from the second 6.
i was pulling for the canadiens to beat philly. (latent canadiens fan).

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
st louis
minnie
l.a.
s.f
denver
cleveland

interesting there is still no cup winner from the second 6.
i was pulling for the canadiens to beat philly. (latent canadiens fan).

Chicago IS an "Original 6" team!! So is Detroit, who, despite this years injury ridden season, has done very well for the last 20 years or so. Chicago returns from a 49 year drought, winning for the first time since 1961. I am SO happy to see ANOTHER "Original 6" team win "The Cup"!!! I hope that all of the "6" return to be competitive again.

The "Original 6" formed the NHL in 1942 which lasted until the 1967 when the league was "ruined" by expansion. The "6" were, the Detroit Red Wings, the Boston Bruins, the Chicago Black Hawk, the New York Rangers, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadians.

All others in the NHL are just "jonnie come lately" teams.

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
from wiki......Before the Penguins, Pittsburgh had been the home of the NHL's Pirates from 1925 to 1930, and the Hornets AHL franchise from the 1930s to 1967. Both the Pirates and Hornets had multiple playoff runs, with the Hornets playing in the final series seven times and winning three championships