Looking to run cargo van with multiple companies

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Panther is NOT a good company. I only want to run with multiple companies because I have a large fleet of vans & there are way too many weeks drivers sit. If I was able to use multiple companies I could keep the vans moving more. I also have Qualcom fees for 8 vans... X $35/week which comes too $14,560 per year. Not a good investment. If a company could keep my vans steady all year I wouldn't complain. Too many vans out OTR I guess

You will also have to track down money from multiple companies on multiple loads. It's a headache just witn one van. Some companies pay in 3 days, some in 3 weeks. Some pay via direct deposit and some pay via check in the mail. Also, if one of your drivers makes one of your milti-carriers mad they will fire that driver and drop all of your trucks at the same time. If you mess up too many times they will drop you. Panther does not drop the truck when there is a bad driver situation. They just drop the bad driver and find another driver for the truck. I know all of this because I've been dealing with it for almost a year now. You will also have a higher cost of insurance. About 200-300 dollars a month for primary cargo insurance and physical damage insurance. It can work but you are going to be keeping tract of a lot of different loads from a lot of different carriers. Good luck.

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
I am wondering if anyone can help me understand how to get started on our own? Tired of being forgotten, tired of the honeymoon ending. I have two straight trucks and a van, two drivers but have lost teams due to leasing companies treating them like lower class people when it benefits the company. Therefore, I really need help before I loose everything.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am wondering if anyone can help me understand how to get started on our own? Tired of being forgotten, tired of the honeymoon ending. I have two straight trucks and a van, two drivers but have lost teams due to leasing companies treating them like lower class people when it benefits the company. Therefore, I really need help before I loose everything.

There is good companies out here. Find one and sign on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
If your struggling financially now, I think that getting your own authority and actually going it on your own.... the learning curve will break you. If you lease to multiple companies, your just going to have a multiple of the same problems you just listed plus a few more. My opinion.

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
If your struggling financially now, I think that getting your own authority and actually going it on your own.... the learning curve will break you. If you lease to multiple companies, your just going to have a multiple of the same problems you just listed plus a few more. My opinion.

Most likely I will be selling the Van, have a possible buyer, then go on my own using the extra cash from the sale.

Currently, I have all my trucks on with one company, wanting to go on my own one truck at a time. Unless something comes up that seems to be not a dream again.