Looking to run cargo van with multiple companies

Neuman65

Seasoned Expediter
I am looking for a few good companies to run my cargo van with. I have vans on with a few companies & I get tired of the typical 2-4 days between loads. I figure if I can run with a few smaller known companies that don't require Qualcomm, my drivers & I can probably make a little more money. Let me know what you guys think & what smaller companies have a good reputation. Thanks!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am looking for a few good companies to run my cargo van with. I have vans on with a few companies & I get tired of the typical 2-4 days between loads. I figure if I can run with a few smaller known companies that don't require Qualcomm, my drivers & I can probably make a little more money. Let me know what you guys think & what smaller companies have a good reputation. Thanks!

There are several recent threads on this subject if you do some searches. My stand is no one has shown they make more with several small carriers than you can with one good carrier so why the headache of using several. I see multiple carrier guys sitting like us all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Jung Express, Ptl, On Call, On Dekk...thats from research ive done past five months..some real life, other from reading posts on EO and Expediters Insight.

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Jung Express, Ptl, On Call, On Dekk...thats from research ive done past five months..some real life, other from reading posts on EO and Expediters Insight.

Panther is a good company for beginners or teams, but after 6 months, im leaving for greener pastures, that dosnt include a qualcom or Comdata fees ect...

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Panther is a good company for beginners or teams, but when I get 6 months,im leaving for greener pastures, that dosnt include a qualcom or Comdata fees ect...

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I was trying to figure out how to edit/erase them

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther is a good company for beginners or teams, but after 6 months, im leaving for greener pastures, that dosnt include a qualcom or Comdata fees ect...

Choosing a carrier because they don't have combat fees can be short sighted. Look at the big picture. On comdata if you can do without the load advances when you get your weekly check transfer it to your checking account. It used to be free transfer once per week if it hasn't changed.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just need to proof read before sending. I usually do disable but fir some reason haven't on this phone. Someone has to keep people guessing.

Neuman65

Seasoned Expediter
Panther is NOT a good company. I only want to run with multiple companies because I have a large fleet of vans & there are way too many weeks drivers sit. If I was able to use multiple companies I could keep the vans moving more. I also have Qualcom fees for 8 vans... X $35/week which comes too $14,560 per year. Not a good investment. If a company could keep my vans steady all year I wouldn't complain. Too many vans out OTR I guess

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther is NOT a good company. I only want to run with multiple companies because I have a large fleet of vans & there are way too many weeks drivers sit. If I was able to use multiple companies I could keep the vans moving more.

In theory yes in reality dont imagine you'll sit any less.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Does panther favor fleet owner vans before an O/O vans? Thats been my experience anyway. I hope you take your fleet elswhere, then maybe I could get out of Atlanta..no 1 on board for three days now,but still keep getting passed up.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think panther more favors reams. Then of course you have the acceptance rate, first outs act. Wasn't that you a couple months ago saying how great panther was?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I think panther more favors reams. Then of course you have the acceptance rate, first outs act. Wasn't that you a couple months ago saying how great panther was?

I havent been home since the new point system started, I been available 100percent, I have 100 percent acceptance with no failures, yet I am barely holding on to Silver/Bronze status, no where close to Gold. And me sitting here for almost 4 days when there is a 12 daily average..I think they got mad I put in for Hometyme idk..

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I havent been home since the new point system started, I been available 100percent, I have 100 percent acceptance with no failures, yet I am barely holding on to Silver/Bronze status, no where close to Gold. And me sitting here for almost 4 days when there is a 12 daily average..I think they got mad I put in for Hometyme idk..

Or...could it be there hasnt been a load toward your home? Funny thing about those special requests.....sometimes they effect your ability to get a load.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter

I gave them a Weeks notice, I empty moved almst 300 miles from Waycross, to put myself in better position, My homtyme date is tommro, hopefully I wont have to dh 600 miles, but its looking that way...