looking for the truck in my avitar

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
to the best of my knowledge it was last located in south texas around mccallen.
the box has most likely been removed the bug sheild says fireman on it.it was illegaly sold and the buyer is most likely not aware.had it out on a lease purchase to a taco bender who had contacted my licence agent in OK and somehow ended up with a title that he forged my name to so he could sell it. the money is not the issue.the issue is he needs to be skinned like a catfish.but I dont think that would be legal so plan b is to just have him charged with forgery and get him a felony

if you see it at a truckstop please forward any info you can get me IE company name on door.Licence plate number and state my plate I had on truck is oklahoma plate 2lp411
I doubt its still on it and prey its not cause its hard to tell what the taco benders are using it for.

had the name James on drivers side door just under window.I have alerted okahoma but they say that I can not order a new title for 21 days after last title was sent out.kinda helps the criminals get the title changed before I can put a stop to it.

anyway if you happen to notice it drop me a line [email protected]

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Consider having your state send out an alert with the VIN. When and if it gets registered it would popup on the computer.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it's white with dual wheels and a door on the side of the cargo box. Other than that it's way too tiny a photo to identify. Details like year, make, model and since it's often on the side the last 8 of the vin if you want to disclose it?

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
its a 95 volvo wia the blue stickers on the back of the box say landstar but he had said something about taken the box off and maken a car hauler out of it.I will look for the vin
its on the cab behind the doors towards the bottom

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
on the back dot bumper I have put red and white reflective tape all around it across and up and down the back door is a roll up the battery box is bent it leans lower on the side closest to the drivers door the running boards on the passenger side was bent up a bit
it has 2 fog lights on the front bumper unit number was 2401 big red letters just above bumper on both sides.

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Wow, suck.

Do trucks get ripped off very often in this field? I would think there would be a very limited market for resale of the big trucks if stolen, but correct me if I'm wrong.:eek:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
When trucks are stolen,its not because someone wants to haul freight with it.They are stolen for the parts,maybe someone had use for the box,or parts of the tractor,it will be stripped,owner will not recognize it when they are done

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I saw an older model Volvo like that one yesterday on I-40 in Lonoke,AR heading east towards Memphis. Don't know if it's the exact one, but it loks like it.

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
When trucks are stolen,its not because someone wants to haul freight with it.They are stolen for the parts,maybe someone had use for the box,or parts of the tractor,it will be stripped,owner will not recognize it when they are done

So it happens more than I thought? Scary stuff.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
not a 1
this is really just the icing on the cake.I made money this last year even with the high fuel prices but I have been doing this for 10 years and I am thinking along the same lines as the xo about not owning more trucks than you can drive yourself in fact I am thinking I dont want to own any.the amount of money this guy still owed me isnt enough to loose sleep over but I am $1,200.00 is all.

I am going to see my atty this morning to see what the carriers liability is maybe I can sue them to. the lease with them was caceled in feb. I sent them an e-mail and talked to the owner to let them know that the guy still owed me money on the truck and that the guy had contacted the licence agent and ordered a new title and that I found out the title would be coming to his address and please send it to me when it came and he said he would but when I called back after the first of the month he just said the title came and the guy that was buying the truck had dropped a load close to him and just stopped by and picked it up.what a load of crap now he claims he had no idea the guy still owed me money on it.but I say BS the envelope that came to his mail box had my name on it why would you give it to someone else?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I would think that the Oklahoma DMV would have some sort of liability as well, for handing the title to him in the first place.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Once you have the police report, you can contact all of the scale houses in that region and fax them a copy of the truck specs w/ the vin number, but I'm sure you've probably thought of that already.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Where is ericmoss when you need him?? He might be able to justify something like this away also.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
thanks XO I needed that.

and yes jeff I have thought of that just waiting on my atty. before I start nameing names and honestly I would say 9 chances out of 10 the trucks already in mexico and some pedro is running around down there.