Looking for Sprinter Fleet Owner

TheSwine

New Recruit
Driver
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading and have applied to a few spots on here for a sprinter/cargo van driver. I am interested in OTR or local. I am trying to get my feet wet here and go from there.

Bit of a background:
I have drove straight trucks and box trucks cross country OTR for a few years, but it was equipment hauling mostly and to transport supplies to job sites. Those companies are now out of business and I am searching for something soon, but don't want to get in a rush and get screwed. I am also an Army Combat Vet that was honorably discharged in 2011. I've drove asvs, straight trucks, sprinters, haul trucks for construction sites and other heavy equipment, and several different military vehicles. I don't mind being on the road for a few weeks at a time if the pay is right, but I'm having a hard time finding fleet owners.

I was contacted by Dart, Panther, Expeditus Transport, and DKP Express. I currently live down in Galveston, TX if that helps.

Dart said $400 - $600 a week and paying for my own fuel. For over the road and 3 weeks out at a time that sounds insane to me.
Panther is a very slow roll it seems and I can't get an honest answer as far as the pay would go, but I am in talks with them just waiting to hear from a fleet owner.
DKP was to busy to talk to me when I called after they accepted my app and told me to call. I was just rushed off the phone and I'll see where it goes I guess.
Expeditus sounds decent and I am looking into it more.

I'm not looking to get rich, but I am looking for reasonable pay. I don't think it would be to much to want $800+ a week.

I know the industry very well and know payouts and know how to find my own loads if I had to my whole family is in the trucking industry and I enjoy the sprinter/straight truck side of things. I could get my cdl, but would prefer to stick on the short truck side.

This turned into a longer post than I meant to put out there, but I guess I have a lot on my mind. If anyone knows how to get in touch with a fleet owner and start getting work soon, I would greatly appreciate it. I am far from lazy and can bust my butt to make some money for myself and the fleet owner.

Thanks everyone

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading and have applied to a few spots on here for a sprinter/cargo van driver. I am interested in OTR or local. I am trying to get my feet wet here and go from there.

Bit of a background:
I have drove straight trucks and box trucks cross country OTR for a few years, but it was equipment hauling mostly and to transport supplies to job sites. Those companies are now out of business and I am searching for something soon, but don't want to get in a rush and get screwed. I am also an Army Combat Vet that was honorably discharged in 2011. I've drove asvs, straight trucks, sprinters, haul trucks for construction sites and other heavy equipment, and several different military vehicles. I don't mind being on the road for a few weeks at a time if the pay is right, but I'm having a hard time finding fleet owners.

I was contacted by Dart, Panther, Expeditus Transport, and DKP Express. I currently live down in Galveston, TX if that helps.

Dart said $400 - $600 a week and paying for my own fuel. For over the road and 3 weeks out at a time that sounds insane to me.
Panther is a very slow roll it seems and I can't get an honest answer as far as the pay would go, but I am in talks with them just waiting to hear from a fleet owner.
DKP was to busy to talk to me when I called after they accepted my app and told me to call. I was just rushed off the phone and I'll see where it goes I guess.
Expeditus sounds decent and I am looking into it more.

I'm not looking to get rich, but I am looking for reasonable pay. I don't think it would be to much to want $800+ a week.

I know the industry very well and know payouts and know how to find my own loads if I had to my whole family is in the trucking industry and I enjoy the sprinter/straight truck side of things. I could get my cdl, but would prefer to stick on the short truck side.

This turned into a longer post than I meant to put out there, but I guess I have a lot on my mind. If anyone knows how to get in touch with a fleet owner and start getting work soon, I would greatly appreciate it. I am far from lazy and can bust my butt to make some money for myself and the fleet owner.

Thanks everyone
You'll get a better response posting this or even browsing the EO classifieds.

Reactions: TheSwine

TheSwine

New Recruit
Driver
Appreciate it Ragman, I haven't thought to post in classifieds myself, but I will throw it out there. I've reached out to a few, but was told the ones I sent messages to were pretty horrible so thought I would look for some advice from the more seasoned guys. I'll keep pushing though, thanks again.

Reactions: Ragman