Looking for roaming sattelite

Prarysun

Seasoned Expediter
Hi, any suggestions on where to find a "roaming sattelite system?" We are looking for a system that mounts on the roof of the cab/sleeper which roams finding stations while moving. I know you can go to a camper/rv dealer, just wondering if anyone has found some decent deals at other vendors? Thanks in advance!

Dianne

Prarysun

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Terry, I've heard of the Vu-Tube, and it sounds like a decent deal but I do not think you can watch it while moving the truck....At least from what I have read. Perhaps in the future they'll come up with one, I know they sell them at RV dealerships but are pricey. Being a team we'd like to watch while one is driving...getting tired of buying dvd's, have hundreds of them lol.

Dianne

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We have no TV in our truck, by choice, but we will watch the occasional movie or TV series on DVD on our laptops. If we ever meet you on the road, you could probably sell us some of your surplus.

Prarysun

Seasoned Expediter
ATeam, excellent idea!! Next home trip I'll load up some boxes and have them handy...I will sell them cheap! Just to get rid of them! Have given many away to friends, family. But have lots left. Any particular ones you like? Themes, mysteries etc? If you wish, give me your truck # privately I will lookout for ya, thanks!

Dianne

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One advantage to using Camping World is the multitude of them around the country if you need follow up service. I bet if you said over CB you have dvd's for sale you'd get a lot of takers for $4-5 apiece.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Another advantage to using Camping World is they will occassionally do a "If you buy $X.XX we'll give X months no interest." if you have their credit card.

In my case it was the Roadmaster rear sway bar and the MaxxFan roof vent. Six months interest-free on around a $700 purchase. Free money just for the asking.

upsnate

Seasoned Expediter
I have a program I downloaded from the web that you can copy your dvd's so you don't have to bring the originals with you. I have a subscription to netflix and well.....wink wink. It has saved me THOUSANDS in dvd purchases. Any questions feel free to drop me a line.;)

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
You can search the internet, I used www.ask.com, it will lead you to links. I put in the search box in motion TV sattlite and found a nice deal. Took it to Campers World for the install. If your good with the wrenches you can install it yourself.