(LOOKING FOR NEW TRUCK SEATS)

garman351

Expert Expediter
We are looking to replace our old tired truck seats.

Does anybody know where to buy quality new seats, and
if they instal them?

Thanks
Garman

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Garman, Don't know your home spot. Michigan Kenworth-Hino in Grand Rapids Michigan, sells new truck seats top quality, at times new truck take offs. Short jog from, 76 truck stop. All makes repair faculity.
Call 1800 306 0200 Sincerely Tom Stradinger
P.S. tell them I sent you, no kick back for me just trying to help.:) :+ ;)

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
There is nothing nicer in a truck than a good quality seat, with arm rests. I love mine, cannot remember the name but its a German Mfg.
KW dealers will have them or be able to get them.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
This company sells them,but you would have to find someone else to do the installation. www.buytruckstuff.com I purchased a top of the line "back cycler" seat made by national seating from them and it's great. :)

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
I have a Premium Plus seat in my KW. It has KW Logo in material. Don't know if it is a factory seat or not. It has so many settings, you have to read the manuel to find out how to use it. Great Seat, but i'm told quite expensive...Good Luck..Butch...:D :D :D

garman351

Expert Expediter
Good stuff Guy's.
Thanks Tom for the phone number to Grand Rapids, we are app: 75 Miles from there. I will get a hold of them.

Thanks agin.

Garman

:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
On the theory that more choices are always better, I got a great new seat at Superior Seating, in Valparaiso, Indiana. They don't install,(come to think of it - I never asked if they do or not!), but they do have a bargain basement section on the website with some good deals. Enjoy! :)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
HELLO GARMAN!!!!!!

The truck seats we want are not available as an option in the new truck we will be taking delivery on in the not-too-distant future. The new truck will feature top-of-the-line National air-ride seats, grey in color, cloth, with arm rests. But we don't want them. We want other seats that we will buy from another source. I'd love to work something out with you where you could take our "old" seats off our hands so we can put in the seats we want. Get ready for the National seat deal of a lifetime. I will not be undersold! (But I'll happily consider all bids).

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
After all this time (years), you would have thought they would have given you seats of your choice?

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

garman351

Expert Expediter
Hi Ateam:
send me a private email on when you might be taking delivery of your new truck, and where you are from etc.

Thanks
Garman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Garman,

I checked both my Yahoo e-mail and EO mail. Nothing there from you. If you still wish to chat privately, please click on my profile and use the e-mail address you find there.

Oops! I misunderstood your post. Editing mine now to say so. Sorry. Contacting you privately. Have not responded sooner because we've been running and/or visiting relatives.

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
Possibly the best place I have found to test out seats was the waiting room in the service department at the Petro in Bordentown, NJ, they have a bunch in there to try out. I would definitely test out a model of seat before buying new, as some of the high end leather seats are upwards of $800 each with Petro prices, just find what you like and get better deal on internet or ?. National is a pretty good OEM seat, but ##### some of those expensive leather jobs make even them feel like park benches!! I've always lived with what was in the truck, but if I started all over I would get one really good drivers seat, and keep and swap the stock one back in when I sold the truck, I imagine a good leather upholstered seat could live through a couple of trucks the comfort making it worth the cost. Denny

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
Just make sure that whatever seat you get fits your truck. The truck I was given is spring ride, and somebody decided to remedy that with an air seat. They put an El Camino Wide seat in that is meant for a full-size class 8 cab, and for me to fit without hitting my head, i have to let all the air out. Kinda defeats the purpose of air seating, and it's also starting to hurt my bottom. If it's medium duty, either get a medium duty seat or a low-rider seat with a low base height.

PS- 28" FTL Sleepers and 6'4" 235lb people do not work that well together either, but it's better than a van.