Looking for Carrier that will take on a 06 Sprinter

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess you haven't seen current Van rates if your looking for .90 to 1.00. You could always give unicorn logistics a call. Seriously wish you luck but those are hard to find rates on a constant basis. Often your more apt to get higher rates on shorter loads.

Yup, you should drop at least two dimes...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taken from this website

About Tri-State Expedited Service

High Roof Van Set Rate Pay Plan

O/O Compensation
• $1.00 per loaded mile fixed
• Fuel surcharge set weekly
• Deadhead pay .20 cpm after 50 miles
• Must have 12 foot of cargo space with etrack
• Must be able to carry 2500 lbs
• Door must be over 55 inches or higher
• 2008 or newer model year

Ok if you sell your 2006 in that condition with that mileage you should be able to get in a 2008 for the same price...if you want...very reasonable expectations in this ad IMO

Reactions: billg27

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taken from this website

About Tri-State Expedited Service

High Roof Van Set Rate Pay Plan

O/O Compensation
• $1.00 per loaded mile fixed
• Fuel surcharge set weekly
• Deadhead pay .20 cpm after 50 miles
• Must have 12 foot of cargo space with etrack
• Must be able to carry 2500 lbs
• Door must be over 55 inches or higher
• 2008 or newer model year

Ok if you sell your 2006 in that condition with that mileage you should be able to get in a 2008 for the same price...if you want...very reasonable expectations in this ad IMO
Only problem is, I've yet to find any TS driver that is happy with this plan

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only problem is, I've yet to find any TS driver that is happy with this plan
emoji6.png
I dunno, I'm Canadian and they don't need me. I started a Rates and Rants in the soapbox, so I don't hijack any more threads. Post why there...you don't have to name names...

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Biggest complaint has been they just are not getting the miles with that rate.
Sounds nice, until your doing it. Most of the drivers I've talked to were already planning on jumping ship.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And whats misleading when Carriers quote that higher rate per mile is the fact thats Only on their direct customers .... much lower rates when load comes off the load boards ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And whats misleading when Carriers quote that higher rate per mile is the fact thats Only on their direct customers .... much lower rates when load comes off the load boards ...

Ah thank you. Explains my 30 day pay sheet of another driver working for the carrier I'm going to.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking to get back into expediting in May this year and need a good carrier. I've decided not to invest 35k in a straight or a 15/16 Sprinter and just keep using the Sprinter that is paid off. Currently running uship part time and can move anywhere with my current ratings but it takes massive planning which I'm tired of and equals lost productivity reason for getting back into expedite. I sit 2-3 weeks in between loads. I want to eventually get out of this business and develop a local life that we all dream of.
I will be working mostly full time but a carrier that can get me back to Tx would be preferred. Also a "in house" insurance and weekly fee package preferred over a carrier that makes contractors have own insurance etc. My Sprinter is a 2006 158, 212,000 miles and relatively clean body, minimal rust. I don't have any mileage expectations but would like to clear $4000-5000 a month. Give or take.

Looking to run between .90 and a $1. I realize that may be tough so it may be best to get on with a percentage carrier and take the good with the bad. Any good suggestions?
Dream on.

I will keep dreaming on down the I-10...:guitar:;) just did 2650 miles for $4435. I can live with those numbers. 13+ clients total on this run. The main reason for switching back over to expedite was to enjoy some nice Candian summer time temps and focus on shorter 300-600 miles runs in the freight lanes racking up more shipments and less lost productivity in the strategic planning of these massive loads.

I did also hear recently a couple weeks back that Bolt is still at .95 to 1.05 confirmed by a driver.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will keep dreaming on down the I-10...:guitar:;) just did 2650 miles for $4435. I can live with those numbers. 13+ clients total on this run. The main reason for switching back over to expedite was to enjoy some nice Candian summer time temps and focus on shorter 300-600 miles runs in the freight lanes racking up more shipments and less lost productivity in the strategic planning of these massive loads.

I did also hear recently a couple weeks back that Bolt is still at .95 to 1.05 confirmed by a driver.
I know several Bolt drivers ... the current rate is between .70 to $ 1.05 .... it depends on customer ..loaded miles .. toll roads ... DH miles .... number of Vans in area ... your Ability to negotiate ..

Reactions: jcochristoph

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I know several Bolt drivers ... the current rate is between .70 to $ 1.05 .... it depends on customer ..loaded miles .. toll roads ... DH miles .... number of Vans in area ... your Ability to negotiate ..

As is the rate at most carriers these days...

Reactions: jcochristoph

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bumping this thread again as I recently had a message from a new member asking me if I knew of any carriers for a 2005 Sprinter Van one year older then my current van. Still running uship exclusively at the moment but hopefully one day I can join back in the expedite party one day soon so I know again what the sunrise looks like in Ontario. ;)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
most carriers want less than 5 years old to start , my feeling are if it looks good, maintained well, and pass a DOT inspection that should be go to. when I started at Roberts express and than Fedexcc plus EGL , they want no more than 5 year old period, for van's and class 5 to 7. class 8 you could keep 10 model years old . now it depends on company how long you can keep a unit.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still needing a carrier that will take on 06 Sprinter 158, looking for short runs out of Michigan 200-500 miles, occasionally heading into NYC, PHILLY, ATLANTA or MINNEAPOLIS. Plan is basically to bounce around from Chicago, Toronto, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis with a rare seasonal run to Tx couple times a year. Prefer .90- $1.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's the issue? The year of the van?

Lots of Canadian carriers doing that. I don't know if you need to be a Canadian for my contacts tho

My 2005 moves more than I want to

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm in retirement right now back in CO;), Just did 20,000 miles in 3 months (sat half the time)... If I can purchase a home and relocate to Detroit I'll be looking for a good carrier.

Freight is dead out here even locally, Sprinters are throw away vehicles you can make more money in a car. I have a buddy that drove Sprinters for years and bought a straight for local use and his Sprinter only goes out one day a week and the big truck everyday.

Last edited:

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm in retirement right now back in CO;), Just did 20,000 miles in 3 months (sat half the time)... If I can purchase a home and relocate to Detroit I'll be looking for a good carrier.

Freight is dead out here even locally, Sprinters are throw away vehicles you can make more money in a car. I have a buddy that drove Sprinters for years and bought a straight for local use and his Sprinter only goes out one day a week and the big truck everyday.
A van /sprinter has never made sense for me from day one .I don't see why getting paid $500 to travel 500 miles is a good idea

The carrier I am leased with stopped taking in vans 1 yr ago becuase they are too much work to deal with with little margins .

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

A van /sprinter has never made sense for me from day one .I don't see why getting paid $500 to travel 500 miles is a good idea

The carrier I am leased with stopped taking in vans 1 yr ago becuase they are too much work to deal with with little margins .

What do you make in a Straight per mile currently? I think a lot of people choose the Sprinter and cargo van because of the freedom. I've done around 350,000 miles road time (with some of those loads paying over $2 per mile) and looking to just get into shorter regional runs so its not so much about the money these days but more so the freedom and being able to return home frequently if not every 3-6 days. If I could get rich driving solo straight then I would consider the change but last I checked straight truck rates weren't much more then .30-.50 higher then a van, I hope I'm wrong. o_O

Reactions: guido4475

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Checking in with the expedite owners, is the 2006 Sprinter still able to be used in expediting business or is it obsolete these days?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My 2005 pulled in just under $2000 last pay period.

I think the key here is if you never left; although it has been taken on by a new carrier as a multi, pretty rare to not see a year limit these days

If you were to be a complete independent with one and be on the load boards, same applies but sometimes closest van wins regardless

guido4475

Not a Member

I dont know why I'm commenting on such an old thread, kinda reminds me of a nagging wife who will not let an arguement die....lol

You are in straight truck mentality when comparing a straight to a van.

Many times I have van loads paying more than a straight. But the kicker is, if done right, and one not trying to impress the crap out of everyone and themselves by having the fanciest of vehicles and accessories, a van o/o can keep more of a percentage of the pay per mile than a straight can.

And, of course, there is the difference of freedom and simplicity versus none of that with a straight. However, a straight will be more useable and flexible with loads, where a van is limited by weight and size.

But I love being in a van. I should of done it a long time ago. Been in it for 9 years now. Started in a straight in 89.