Looking for an owner to drive for.

panorris62

Seasoned Expediter
I am interested in expediting but want to find someone looking for a driver for their truck. Any suggestions for reputable owners would be greatly appreciated.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Check out the 'free classified' section right here on E.O. There are always adds for owners looking for drivers. That is a good place for you to start.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
That was tongue in cheek. Just because an owner advertises here does not make him reputable. I would say most are,but I wonder if the OP was looking for personal recommendations ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That was tongue in cheek. Just because an owner advertises here does not make him reputable. I would say most are,but I wonder if the OP was looking for personal recommendations ?

No matter who that drive may end up with he/she/it STILL needs to get references from other drivers etc. It is 100% the responsibility of the driver to fully vet an owner he/she or it may choose to drive for.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I always wanted to drive for an owner also...but he/they had to own a Formula One car.....

Just want kind of truck are you interested in driving and what qualifacations do you have? what type of drivers licence do you have? What have you driven??

I never got to drive Formula One car....i didnt tell anyone thats want i wanted to do it..i just posted a generic "i want to get into racing and drive a owners car" on a racing website.....

HockeyRob

Seasoned Expediter
In My Case, I would Like to Drive a Sprinter Van or Straight Truck (SOLO Only). But I am waiting at Least a Year or So. That Way, I can set aside at Least $2000.00 (Start Up Costs) I won't repeat the Same Mistakes, I made in My First 2 Years.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
panorris62 ,

Some good information already in the thread.

Once you have found a few Fleet Owners that you want to pursue driving for them, make sure to get a written contract detailing EVERYTHING that you have agreed too. It might be worth $100 to have a local attorney read and edit it. Also, ask for a few references of current and former drivers. Best wishes!

panorris62

Seasoned Expediter
How do I know that I can trust the fleet owner and what is considered a fair wage to make with them?
My goal is to ease myself into the industry and not jump head first. I want to take the knowledge I learn and use it when I eventualy purchase my own truck.

I always wanted to drive for an owner also...but he/they had to own a Formula One car.....

Just want kind of truck are you interested in driving and what qualifacations do you have? what type of drivers licence do you have? What have you driven??

I never got to drive Formula One car....i didnt tell anyone thats want i wanted to do it..i just posted a generic "i want to get into racing and drive a owners car" on a racing website.....