Looking for a subsitute for instant coffee

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I have been tolerating instant coffee long enough. I am looking for a small coffee pot that travels well in a sleeper. I do not want a four cup because that is really just one cup in reality. What do you have and where did you get it?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We found a Black & Decker 6 cup pot at K-Mart. If you fill the pot to the rim with water, it will fill 2 travel mugs. It doesn't take up much room either.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They had a two cupper at Wal-mart. That is probably the smallest I have seen. I believe they had a small one as well at the Coleman store in St. Augustine, FL. It is in the Outlet Mall (I-95).

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you have an area where you can mount a pot....get the under cabinet Black and Decker. We really like it. We bought a stainless carafe and it keep the coffee hot if you don't use it all up in your travel mugs.

-mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

Redbird Girl

Seasoned Expediter
Try a Mister Coffee 8 Cup with the stainless craft it has brew delay clock, and it has pause.It has a twist lock lid that recieves but will not pour unless you twist, so it does not spill when trk is rolling. Just place non skid under the unit will stay on counter and a paper towel under pot so that it will not rattle has no hot plate.I liked it so much bought another just in case they decide to stop making it.

Redbird Girl-LIVESTRONG-LIVE LONG:)

are12

Expert Expediter
Coco, I have the same one that Redbird Girl has, bought it at Walmart. It works great. I also ran across another driver that has the same one and they claim you can brew the coffee while the truck is moving - that I never tried!
Also, I just saw a coffee maker at the J in GA, by Hamilton Beach, that has no pot at all - it makes 12 cups. The cost at the J was $35.00 but I am sure you could find it at Walmart-cheaper. I am thinking of checking that one out closer my self.