Looking 4

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Looking for the A Blair web site. Atleast this is what I think the name of the company is. It Has been about a year since I have seen them post. Are they still around.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I was assuming you were referring to his employment web site rather than his forum web site. I get the feeling that divulging the forum address causes replies to be edited. I think there is some bad blood between EO and Tom.

So much for free speech on private web sites. I dare not say too much as I would hate to be edited or barred from this great site.

Glad I could help. Good luck.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Why let your competitors get free advertisement on your site?

Um... lest I'm stupid, the first amendment guarantees free speech from government interference. Nothing gives you free speech in a private forum. If that were the case, Target and Kmart could distribute flyers on Walmart property. The KKK could distribute literature at the Rainbow Coalition offices. EO has every right to delete posts they find contradictive to their BUSINESS. Besides... Tom's been trying to get free advertising on here for a long time. If he paid his dues, he'd have a spot on here, and this post would be moot. :p

cat can do

Veteran Expediter
Sorry folks I was not aware of him having his own web site. I was simply talking to someone and forgot that company name. Didn't mean to stir up a pot. If the first post is going to upset someone or everyone just delete it.

Sorry again.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sorry folks I was not aware of him having his own web site. I was simply talking to someone and forgot that company name. Didn't mean to stir up a pot. If the first post is going to upset someone or everyone just delete it.
Sorry again.

I wouldn't worry too much. EO has stood the test of time and can stand on their own.
For the obvious reasons, they are not promoting start up sites at this time.
No need for a apology.

Davekc

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
dont know the whole story or have a desire to. but as i have said before, with the free advertising thing put aside. the simple mention of a web address for the betterment of a driver should not be censored. bad blood or not the fact that the question at hand instilled fear of reprocussions from moderators and management is rediculous. free advertising, no, but answering the queary of a fellow truck driver, absolutely. you have to wear the pants all the time, not just when it suits you.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Apparently they didn't have a problem with ABlair's company addy being posted, just Tom Robertson's forum site. So the inquiry was answered. I don't know what the big deal is.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Apparently, someone with the initials TR is out to trash me due to what I said in this thread. And here I thought I was only pointing out the obvious.

Kinda funny... his main personal attack on me, this time, is that I'm running a 25 year old jalopy Freightliner. As usual, his facts are screwed up. I drive a 20 year old International that holds up better than the 5 year old FL106 I was driving earlier this year. This is actually one fun truck to drive, so I have nothing to be ashamed of. I recommend everyone get a jalopy. :7