Lonestar / Harley ad at bottom of page

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Has anybody noticed the new Lonestar videos at the bottom of the page and can we get it in a straight truck?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I wouldn't buy any Navistar product . They are shifting too much work to Mexico and their VP of sales said O/O's can't run legally and survive .

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I wouldn't buy any Navistar product . They are shifting too much work to Mexico and their VP of sales said O/O's can't run legally and survive .

I believe just about all Freightliners are made or gonna be made in Mexico, might be true for Western Star also.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
from what i understand,freightliner closed their mexican plants

Then they must not be building many trucks . Daimler Dedicates Freightliner Plant in Mexico | Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News
And yes, Western Star production has been moved to Mexico.Freightliner closing Swan Island plant - Portland Business Journal:
You know the OTR carriers would buy trucks from China if they could save a dollar . But O/O's should not buy trucks from manufacturers with no concern for our workers and our economy .

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
from what i understand,freightliner closed their mexican plants

I had just read last week that they are tooling up the new plant in Mexico to build the cascadia. They spent hundreds of millions building the new plant in Mexico and have shut doun the Portland, OR plant. Maybe I mis-read it.

Seasoned Expediter
I have to so called friends that work for freightliner in mexico and that is where are going to manufacter them. I have been talking with people from lonestar and so far they wont sign off on frame or any rights to make them like stoops does in a package with cascadia expediter i think sst100. You can have one streched but nots what im looking for

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I have to so called friends that work for freightliner in mexico and that is where are going to manufacter them. I have been talking with people from lonestar and so far they wont sign off on frame or any rights to make them like stoops does in a package with cascadia expediter i think sst100. You can have one streched but nots what im looking for

I am confused....

OK first thing is Freightliner is owned by Daimler, which is German which looks for cheap non-union labor because they HATE the UAW. If they close everything down and move it to Mexico, oh well I can't stop them but want to because I was doing good with them open in St Thomas.

Second International will build their LoneStar model any which way you like, I have already seen a long (300 inch wb) version at one of the local companies being fitted with some special equipment and can't imagine that you would have to buy a short version and hack it. ALL truck manufactures make their trucks to order, they are not like car manufactures who will run off a cr*p load of blue cars with two option packages to fill dealer lots.

Third, there are no rights to be had this is trucking and unless someone wants to actually use International to have it as a international product or one apporved by them, anyone can put together a straight truck on that model.

Forth, all the LoneStars I have seen so far on the road have been pulling tankers, the last count was 37.