Local Homeless man gets his day on the air!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Just 'shows to go ya".. you just never know where the next unlikely talent will show up.

A local homeless guy was standing with his sign, and a local reporter talked to him and heard his classically trained speaking voice. He apparently had voice lessons in NY, before drugs and alcohol took it's toll, and he ended up homeless.

Homeless Man With The Golden Voice Will Have His Day on The Radio | NBC 4i

Now that the reporter discovered him, he has been all over our local news and papers, and will be appearing in the morning on a local station, and may be offered a job.

Here's hoping "one more shot" is what this guy needs. You just never know when your 15 minutes of fame will happen.

Dale

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Now that the reporter discovered him, he has been all over our local news and papers, and will be appearing in the morning on a local station, and may be offered a job.

Great story, apparently offers of all kinds of help are coming in for this guy, and I hope this gives him a solid second chance with his life. The power of the internet!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Espn must have fallen for it, they are reporting that the Cav's have hired the guy and put him in an aprtment nd given him a full time job...maybe he has a good "jump shot" on top of his radio voice....god knows the Cav's can use the help....:D

This Cleveland News TV station sayes the job offer is on the table, but he hasn't excepted it yet...

http://www.fox8.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-odd-homeless-radio-voice,0,5046752.story

Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
What are you saying? Obama sounds like he's been professionally coached on how to sound and speak? heh... careful, someone will yell at me to send this to the Soapbox!

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I almost hate to bust the warm & fuzzy bubble, but no mention was made of the man resolving his drug & alcohol problems - if he hasn't, he'll just blow every chance he gets.
Here's hoping he's got it under control, and makes folks proud.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I almost hate to bust the warm & fuzzy bubble, but no mention was made of the man resolving his drug & alcohol problems - if he hasn't, he'll just blow every chance he gets.
Here's hoping he's got it under control, and makes folks proud.

I was wondering about that also, Cherri. I'm hoping that whoever hires this man is insisting on follow up rehab or some such thing to HELP him get/stay clean......aside from those concerns, it's a great story!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I listened to both clips and he said he'd been clean for 2 and a half years. Hope he stays that way for his mother's sake.

Great voice!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yes, that will be a nice reunion for his Mom. Hopefully he can stay clean, this is is second chance, hope it makes something of it!!!