Load1 June chatter

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I can appreciate that. We try as always to add a sense of common sense to it. But again when I allow a measure of "judgement" it is open to interpretation. For example they offered Guido a load two days ago. They made the offer and the rate was very poor due to the length of the deadhead. We had closer units that made more sense including profit wise for the company. They logged the turn down as they should and put the reason as low rate with deadhead and they listed the rate which was to low and guido made the right call. They did not reset hours based on circumstances (which is a judgement call). Now the info is all in there for us to see as a company but it is not a bad reflection on Guido. No perfect system. As long as I allow them to apply some judgement things will always be questioned.

Ok ISIS time and an aspirin. :)

guido4475

Not a Member
I can appreciate that. We try as always to add a sense of common sense to it. But again when I allow a measure of "judgement" it is open to interpretation. For example they offered Guido a load two days ago. They made the offer and the rate was very poor due to the length of the deadhead. We had closer units that made more sense including profit wise for the company. They logged the turn down as they should and put the reason as low rate with deadhead and they listed the rate which was to low and guido made the right call. They did not reset hours based on circumstances (which is a judgement call). Now the info is all in there for us to see as a company but it is not a bad reflection on Guido. No perfect system. As long as I allow them to apply some judgement things will always be questioned.

Ok ISIS time and an aspirin. :)

I just worry that I will look bad as a driver who is always turning down loads based on the rate.Which is not the case, really.I rarely ask the rate, as I trust them with the rates, and it works out perfectly doing this, as my all mile pay very often is more than most carriers loaded mile pay, so I dont ask usually. Unless there is alot of deadhead, than I will ask.Usually where it ends up (A load) is more important to me than anything. Even though it's the name of the game, chasing freight, I just dont like to do it if at all possible. That's why my all mile pay is so high..And my numbers are what I call within the lines of the top freight runners...I'm right there with OVM's numbers.....lol..

John, maybe J Alexander's and Some Jameson would be more fitting for the situation?..Just sayin...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Understood. The note was turn down for something longer and I like them to list the rate. It isn't a ref that you turned to the load down basedi on rate. It is really a tool for us to look at turn downs, rates and the reasons. Often times it helps us to take the info back to sales, cust service or bid team to try and look at what we do or why we are doing with a certain customer. It is not essentially about the truck unless they say turn down due to rate. That may be a truck issue, cust rate issue or no issue.

Last edited:

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Let it be known that who ever doesnt show for the party tomorrow will get a turn down in the system. That is all.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I arrived ten minutes early after driving 25 hours straight. Consignee slipped out the back and went home.

eb

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
you can see turn downs on fleet vision and looks at your idle time to see if you were also bumped to the bottom of the queue.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

That's interesting. I didn't know I could do that. Says I have 3 turn downs this year. 2 for wanting to get home and one for low revenue. I remember how that last conversation started, "you probably don't want this one but..." :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That's interesting. I didn't know I could do that. Says I have 3 turn downs this year. 2 for wanting to get home and one for low revenue. I remember how that last conversation started, "you probably don't want this one but..." :rolleyes:

And if they don't offer the load then we hear...."I may have turned down the last ten to XXX, but I should have been offered" LOL

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Just checked mine, its has no listings. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2