Load One Feb Thread (so original lol)

guido4475

Not a Member
As quiet as a morgue in here.. what gives??...

Am I the longest sitter yet?? How many more hours before I win this prestigious award??...lol..

Maybe I need to paint my van black, perhaps, to get loads?..lol..

I have to say I have been of the most quiet and patient in my waiting.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Am I the longest sitter yet?? How many more hours before I win this prestigious award??...lol..

As soon as you get to 170 hours then the Special Award will be presented... maybe even a ride in Someone's Private Corporate Jet ..
Just enjoy the weather.. Patiently
As i was just Awoken Again by the sound of Attempted Snow Removal in this Meijers parking lot....

guido4475

Not a Member

As soon as you get to 170 hours then the Special Award will be presented... maybe even a ride in Someone's Private Corporate Jet ..
Just enjoy the weather.. Patiently
As i was just Awoken Again by the sound of Attempted Snow Removal in this Meijers parking lot....

That reminds me of a driver we once had who thought the Meijer snow plow guys were purposely getting close to her truck to wake her up with their plows..she ended up chasing them around the parking lot in her straight truck...lmao. I still laugh at that one....lmao..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a load Friday Alabama to Houston TX. Delivered this morning.

On the way to pickup, almost got in a accident. A pickup truck decided to turn into the space I was occupying :rolleyes:
What made it worse was the pickup decides to just keep coming over to the next lane while I'm trying not to hit them, forcing me over 2 lanes in the process as if I'm not even there. Thankfully, there was no other traffic around during this.

Upon reviewing my own dash cam video, it appears the driver is looking right at me, before trying to turn into my space, WTH! :eek:

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

On the way to pickup, almost got in a accident. A pickup truck decided to turn into the space I was occupying :rolleyes:
What made it worse was the pickup decides to just keep coming over to the next lane while I'm trying not to hit them, forcing me over 2 lanes in the process as if I'm not even there. Thankfully, there was no other traffic around during this.

Upon reviewing my own dash cam video, it appears the driver is looking right at me, before trying to turn into my space, WTH! :eek:
Did you get a Good look at other driver ..image_search_1549140450569.jpeg

Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member

Glad that you are okay.

Reactions: jelliott

guido4475

Not a Member
Let us now our heads in a moment of silence. The longest sitter award no longer can be given to me. Dispatch kindly woke me up at 3am with this load. How thoughtful of them....lol.. I actually had to sit and think about how to perform this task....lol.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Load One live from The WORLD'S GREATEST HAMBURGER "Fuddruckers". I've been a bit busy with personal stuff and talking to drivers, so that left EO out for awhile. I should be back on here as usual. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

I've been hearing about the slow down and I've been right in there with everyone. The last two weeks were bad but this week was a great week "right place right time". It looks like more bad weather is coming southwest to north to northwest again. Have to watch it closely and go from there.

Looks like for a Monday were moving some freight!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to test out my old concern this morning about not being able to hear the App bid load notification while not in the van, and walking into the truck stop. Yup, enough noise going on that I didn't hear a thing. However, I did hear the phone ring, so that was a great addition :)

guido4475

Not a Member
Good Afternoon Load One live from The WORLD'S GREATEST HAMBURGER "Fuddruckers". I've been a bit busy with personal stuff and talking to drivers, so that left EO out for awhile. I should be back on here as usual. Things are slowly getting back to normal.

I've been hearing about the slow down and I've been right in there with everyone. The last two weeks were bad but this week was a great week "right place right time". It looks like more bad weather is coming southwest to north to northwest again. Have to watch it closely and go from there.

This is the second time that I've seen you mention "taking to drivers". Are you now a driver liaison or something like that?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Did a load yesterday evening for Neal! A good load to start off the week and it put me back where I started at! Seeing loads starting to move and I think its going to be a ok to good week. Have to wait and see!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

This is the second time that I've seen you mention "taking to drivers". Are you now a driver liaison or something like that?
Nope, not a Ambassador here. I've got some driver's that I talk to who call me just to talk and or ask me questions and I try to help them out. I enjoy talking to people and helping drivers here.

guido4475

Not a Member
At Discount tire getting the month old Bridgestones lifetime balanced. Coulda had them lifetime balanced at Firestone, but Firestone facilities dont have nearly the amount of tall doors at the facilities that Discount tire does. I've been more than happy with the way that Discount tire does their work and business attitude.

guido4475

Not a Member
Looks like Discount Tire is Guido approved, LOL.

Yes, they are. They are quick, but precise. They listen to me. They do not use an impact on my locking lugs nuts. They torque all lugs properly. (I carry my own torque wrench, and check lug nut torque and tire pressure every Sunday morning, along with changing the generator oil) They air all 4 tires at 80psi. They check my spare tire pressure as well. They make sure to put the wheel weights on the inside of the wheel, not on the outside.

Reactions: DollarSign